1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best cab to go with a 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thekorean, Apr 25, 2010.

1. thekorean

thekorean

Feb 20, 2009
    Massachusetts
    I was originally going to get a 115 to go with my 410TVX but I was reading that it wasn't a good combination. I always thought this standard maybe because of my trace elliot background. What cab would go best with a 410? My sound consists of mainly the mids boosted and the treble slightly rolled back. I was considering so far an avatar 112, and a peavey tour 210.

thanks

2. anything with a 10 or a 12" speaker.

Go with a matching 4x10

3. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Yes sir, the science says go with the same size speakers for the best results.
    But, we're talkin' human hearing here so nothings perfect!
    Beg, borrow or rent the cabs YOU think sound best and try them out together.
    Preferably in a live band.
    After much experimenting with cabinet combinations, what ended up working for me was "two" 210 cabinets stacked as a vertical 410. The science worked for my ears...your ears may say otherwise.

4. Tim C.

Tim C.

Feb 4, 2010
    Chicago
    If you like the sound of your cabinet, it follows that you'll like the sound of two of them.

Adding a mix of different cabinets may sound good, and some mixed arrangements may sound as good as two of the same cabinet, but I gaurantee that little to nothing will sound better than doubling up on the same cabinet, especially if you love what that cabinet sounds like.

5. +1

6. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    If you like the sound of your cab, get another one.

7. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Yeah Mate I would Go With another 410!!! I ran a 410/115 Setup For about 2 years.....I got the 115 cause i thought i would like the fullness it would add...and yes it did sound good but nothing like how my 2 410's sound together!!!... Was never truly happy untell i Got my 810's and Now....I am as happy as a kid is a Candy Store!!!!...It dont get Much Better then This!!! Best Of Luck Mate Cheers!!!

8. Dan55

Dan55

Apr 26, 2006
    Atlanta
    And if you don't want to tote around two 410 cabs, then a matching 210 would be the next choice. IMHO

Dan

9. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Yeah A 210 would be great... but heres the clincher!!!....if you are going to run a 210 and a 410 together.... remember if they are the same ohms..say 8 ohms...the 210 is going to be getting the same power as the 410 there by giving the 210 speakers twice the juice as the 410's speaker.... Not quite ideal but people do use them and they do work ok. the other option is to go the rout of running a 4 ohm 410 and a 8 ohm 210 giving you a 2.6 ohm power load. That way the 410 is getting 2/3rd's the power and the 210 is getting 1/3rd...there by dividing your power evenly between all the speakers in both the 410 and 210 cabs!! Now the only problem with that is that some, not all but some amps cant or shouldn't be run any lower the 4 ohms cause the get to hot and will fry a egg!!!... not a good way to start or end ones day!!!...so if you go that rout you will want to do some checking around to see what amp and speaker setup would work best for you!!!

10. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    While I have never tried pairing a 4 x 10 with a 1x15 I have used a 2x10 with a 1x15 with striking results. What was previously stated about each cab receiving the same driving power if they are the same impedence rating is very true. You do not want to overdrive any cab so make sure whatever cab you buy can handle 1/2 the max rating of the amp.

11. thekorean

thekorean

Feb 20, 2009
    Massachusetts
    yeah I think im going to try out a 210. Another 410 is too much weight as my tvx is 115 already and another 410 would be roughly 70 pound minus epifani etc. Actually now that im thinking of it I think there is an epifani 310 somewhere on CL for 500. I may have to check that out,

12. LoveThatBass

LoveThatBass

Jun 28, 2004
    3 Ten's, that sounds interesting!