1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best cab to reproduce studio sound of DB750

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stride000, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Stride000

Stride000

Mar 15, 2006
    Hello there,

I was wondering what would be the best cab for live situations that would be able to reproduce what i'm getting out of my DB750 in the studio.

I currently use a GS212 but i'm finding it lacks punch and is too mid farting/growling for my taste.

I'm after the smooth, warm yet punchy sound I'm getting straight from the DI.

What would your suggestions be?

Thanks!

2. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Try Epi cabs. I prefer Bergie with the 750, but Epis are much "drier"(re. more studio-like). Also worth checking out are Mesa Boogie & Aggie's own cabs. Those will at least get in the ballpark of what your describing, IMHO.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    hmm...

while i love epifani cabs, didnt like the epifani ul410 w/ the 750. lacked depth i usually hear from other cabs that i've tried with it.

mesa cabs tend to be a little gritty to me. and the midrange has a growly texture.

berg cabs would be terrific for that smooth punch. the HS410 is pretty badass for that. as is the sadowsky sa410, which is even more punchier.

course, the good ol' aguilar gs410 is pretty killer, too. pretty smooth for my tastes, and yes, has all the punch you need.