1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best cabinet for a tf550 b

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrpitbullva, Jun 11, 2007.

1. mrpitbullva

mrpitbullva

Oct 19, 2005
    i have a tfb550b which i now play through a eden 212 xlt, i am not pleased in that it seemingly is not as clear as i think it should be over all. I was thinking of a el whappo however i have never played through one, I am using a roscoe 6 with norstrand pu and demeter pre and my expectations are high,any suggestions before I set out on this chase?

2. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Inactive

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    I have been playing mine through an Epifani 212, UL310 and a pair of UL112s. Epifani seems to be a good match for the 550B.

3. svtb15

svtb15 Inactive

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    almost anything.. they all sound good with a tfunk... really. just my opinion..
    but i use aguilar gs112s or bagend cabs
    i do want to try the GB neox212.. there have seen so many good comments on the neox212. its 4 ohms and has huge bottom and is present from what folks here have said.. i have not tried one yet so this is a second hand comment but try out the genz benz neox212 if you can... im curious too.
    accugrooves are supposed to be pure bliss.

4. Have you tried Basson? As with a lot of gear, there will be those who love it, and those who don't. I love mine. Clear and articulate is practically the Webster's definition of the B210.
    YMMV, but I loved it so much I bought in bigtime.
    YES, it's a heavy cab. YES, it sounds as beefy as it is.
    I'd say if you're in the market, try darn near everything... that's all part of the fun of a GAS attack, isn't it?

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    have you tried the 'Funk with "the switch" in the SS posistion (green) and boosting some mids and going light on the lows?? and light on enhance...

Maybe that might do the trick?

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I get clear w my Epi UL410

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021