Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best cabinet to complete my Ashdown combo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Murciélago, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Ok... I have this great sounding combo (Ashdown ABM C115-300 combo) and I'm very happy with it.
    But to use the full power of this combo, I should use a second cab. I have two cabs in my mind: 1) Ashdown ABM 115 compact cab, or 2) Ashdown 210T compact cab.
    The first is a single 15" speaker cab, the second is an dual 10" speaker cab with tweeter. I know the differences between 15" and 10" speakers... but I don't know what to choose. The 115 is lighter but this combination is probably less versatile. The 210 will make a more versatile combination (more punch maybe?), but the cab weighs more, and now my most important question, would it be a good thing if the 210 cab would stand underneath the 1x15" combo? I mean:

1x15
    2x10
    -----

in stead of:

2x10
    1x15
    -----
    ???

It looks a bit silly, doesn't it?
    But more important, will it affect the sound?

Does anyone have experience with this combination?

Thx!

2. erm maybe i'm being kinda silly but why does the 2*10 have to go under the combo.... sit the cab ontop of the comb and have the head in between the 2. i've seen it done a bunch of times!

and if it was me i'd get the 2*10. personally i love a single fifteen and a 2 by 10 combination makes for a great rig and it aint toooo hard to transport

3. yeah, 2*10 + 1*15 is a great combination. I'd go for the 2*10

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    definately go with the 2x10. better overall rounded out sound, i think.

5. "erm maybe i'm being kinda silly but why does the 2*10 have to go under the combo.... sit the cab ontop of the comb and have the head in between the 2. i've seen it done a bunch of times!"

Hmm... haven't thought of that before. Good idea.

Who cares anyway if it looks unusual. As long as the sound is OK...