best case for bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by impalanut, Jul 17, 2005.

1. impalanut

Jul 8, 2005
    I just got a Schecter elite 4 and was looking at cases. There is a specific case from schecter but I have also seen other cases advertised. Is there any consensus on the best case. I need to use it for local and airline travel. Thanks.
  2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I don't know about a consensus, but if you'll be flying with it, you'll need an ATA-approved flight case. In fact, if the instrument gets damaged in transit and you aren't using a flight case, you may have a hard time getting compensated by the airline...

A flight case is generally a good deal more rugged and protective than a standard hardshell case anyway...

3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For REALLY local use, it's a gig bag. For local use, no serious potential damage, generic hardshell cases work fine. But if you're going to be flying, an ATA case is a MUST!
  4. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    In the past few months I have purchased a few of those "Durafoam" cases from MF, they seem to offer a good balance of protection, weight, and price, but for airline travel and ATA approved case is the only way to go. I think that SKB/Gator make some nice ones. :)