Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best case for bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by impalanut, Jul 17, 2005.

1. impalanut

impalanut

Jul 8, 2005
    I just got a Schecter elite 4 and was looking at cases. There is a specific case from schecter but I have also seen other cases advertised. Is there any consensus on the best case. I need to use it for local and airline travel. Thanks.

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I don't know about a consensus, but if you'll be flying with it, you'll need an ATA-approved flight case. In fact, if the instrument gets damaged in transit and you aren't using a flight case, you may have a hard time getting compensated by the airline...

A flight case is generally a good deal more rugged and protective than a standard hardshell case anyway...

MM

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For REALLY local use, it's a gig bag. For local use, no serious potential damage, generic hardshell cases work fine. But if you're going to be flying, an ATA case is a MUST!

4. Shawnost

Shawnost It's all about the Hamiltons baby! Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Huntersville, NC
    In the past few months I have purchased a few of those "Durafoam" cases from MF, they seem to offer a good balance of protection, weight, and price, but for airline travel and ATA approved case is the only way to go. I think that SKB/Gator make some nice ones. :)