Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best cd to mp3 program?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Josh Ryan, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I just bought a 30gb. portable mp3. hd player. I have thousands of cd's. I want to have them all backed up as mp3's on a hard drive -no kazaa or any of that crap, this is my backup just for my own personal use-. I can then box up my cd's and have more space in my office. Is there any program that is faster, more accurate, easier to use than what I use now? I use Wavelab-4 btw, it's a great program, but with the amount of encoding I want to do any step saved w/o a quality compromise is good. I want to encode to variable rate mp3. Thanks!

search returned far to many vague threads.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Thank you sirs! I will do exactly that.

:)

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I use EAC, but I like the Easy CD-DA Extractor from http://www.poikosoft.com too. It's simple and fast (on-the-fly encoding), for those times I don't care that much about quality of the rips. Only considering quality though, EAC + LAME rules.

EDIT: Just saw that the latest version claims to rip copy-protected CDs. I want to try that.

6. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Third (or fourth or sixth, whatever) CDex and EAC.

7. atf487

atf487

Nov 25, 2003
    Millis, MA
    CDex is the best, IMO.