Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Character in Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RHCFlea, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Gollum

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Bilbo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gandalf

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Legolas

15 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Galadriel

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  6. Gimli

7 vote(s)
    8.3%
  7. Aragorn

17 vote(s)
    20.2%
  8. Boromir

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  9. Frodo

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. Sam

3 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Merry

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  12. Pippin

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. Treebeard

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
  14. Saruman

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  15. Ugluk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Rishnakh

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Sauron

6 vote(s)
    7.1%
  18. Eomer

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  19. Theoden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  20. Eomer's sister (name slips my mind)

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    My last post was deleterated, so I'll try again. Who is your favorite lord of the rings character? I've only got the people up to where I am in Two Towers, so forgive me if I missed some.

Personally, i voted Gimli. He's got a fiery temper, and is always quick to anger and then quick to peace.

2. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    there's so many i missed. But I can't have em all. and i didn't even have room for other. so just say if your favorite character is someone else, like the Balrog, or wormtongue, or one of the Sackville-Bagginses

3. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    HOTTIE ELF HOTTIE ELF RAH RAH RAH !

4. i'm going with the hottie elf too. just give legolas the ring and he'll walk it in to mordor himself, because he's that badass.

5. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    that's legolas for you broken angel
    (oops too late)

6. Well. In the book its Aragorn/Strider. He is by far the coolest mainly cos he is tough as nails. But in the film, I would say Legolas is cooler apart from his ridiculous hair do. Damn hippy.

But character wise, well, they're all pretty shallow arent they. I think the "best" as in greatest portrayl was Boromir, in the film that is.

sim

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    What ? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    No ! No no no no no.
    No one insults hottie elf guy.

8. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    I notice two people voted for legolas but there is only one vote for him. Why?

9. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In the film, I like the hottie elf too. Which means Arwen! Legolas, he's a pansy. ;)

Now in the books, though, I really dig Gollum, and Sam. The ending is so sad, I seriously cried the first time i read it.

10. i would say Gandalf, but i had to go with Sauron

11. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    hey RHC do you know casey scherer?? she goes to deal. dont worry im not stalking you but shes the only person i know from deal.....

sorry didnt really want to PM you... :D

12. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    sorry, don't know her. she's not in 9th grade, is she?

13. Try saying that with an arrow in your throat.

ARCHERS RULE!!! You can run, but you will die tired and looking like a pin cushion.

Rock on
    Eric

14. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    hey, can we have some support for gimli

15. Oh yeah, Eomer's sister is Eowyn, with a funny mark over the o. Just read book 2. Now if my sister will tell me where book 3 is, I will finish the series.

Rock on
    Eric

16. I actually voted for Sauron..I mean he's so cool! He's all evil, and he's has that large mace thingumabob that sends people flying "helluva far"..and then he turns into a large flaming eye!
    Then there's the Ring Wraiths..man they kick ass, they're exactly how I thought they were when I read the book.
    (Note: yes I like the evil people..I dunno why I do. But I just do. Possibly 'cuz they look cooler)

Oh yeah...Gandalf's really cool too.

17. RHCFlea

RHCFlea

Jun 16, 2001
    Washington DC
    I thought it was Eowyn, but that looked wrong when i wrote it.

18. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    I always liked Eomer, he's just so cool. :)

19. I would definately have to say either Legolas or Gandalf. Legolas had quite the impressive moves during the fight scenes, however Gandalf is just a classic character overall. I can't make up my mind...

20. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC

i dunno what grade, but she was visiting my school and they introduced her..