Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best & cheapest way to ship bass?

Discussion in 'Orchestral Auditions [DB]' started by juliu, Sep 6, 2002.

1. juliu

juliu

Dec 1, 2000
    Hello, everyone: (KPO, PAUL!!! and many other cool bass lovers!)

I had just bought a bass from KC strings shop. It's a pretty sounding bass, project well and sounds pretty loud, except the neck is really thick for my hand, and there were people with big hands complaint about the neck as well. (I've shown many people the bass...that's the only complaint recurring)

So, I am gonna talk to the owner and see if he thin it down...that's why I am trying to find a cheap way to ship it. If there were shops around Miami, I would have taken it and get it fixed this way.

Please let me know by e-mailing to me at

jufagliu@yahoo.com

THank you so much for your helps!!!!

Take Care - - - You All
    :)

2. I'm not familiar with the details but Southwest Airlines seems to be a popular choice. You might call them for the procedure if you do not get further info.

Does the Luthier you want to use sell instruments as well? Perhaps they ship and can tell you how to do it.

Lastly, shipping runs between 100.00-200.00 each way. Are there no decent Luth's within a day's driving distance? Who do the Symphony players use down there?

Dave

3. POOPSMITH

POOPSMITH Banned

Mar 26, 2007
    Scranton PA
  4. sybarite

sybarite

Mar 4, 2006
    New York, NY
    I'm sure Ben Joella could take care of this for you. He's in Boca and he has a Talkbass profile. ... benjoella.

5. Southwest Air Cargo. If they fly to the locations, then hit that up.

6. springbass

springbass

Jun 18, 2007
    does fedex ship bass too? I know there is a guy here ship bass around with fedex, but right now he doesn't ship bass anymore.

I don't have a trunck, so I am thinking if it would be good to let fedex pack it. I need to ship bass from NY to CA.
    could anyone give me some suggestions?

Dave, you said shipping runs between 100.00-200.00 each way. where did you get this info?

Thanks a lot!