1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best chorus for slap

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SBX1, Sep 11, 2000.

1. SBX1

SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    Help me!
    I'd like to buy a chorus pedal to emphasis my slap.
    I have a musicman 4 strings and RBX Yahama.
    Which pedal is better for me?

2. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
    Germany
    unfortunately, I can't help you out with an effect pedal.

But the chours I use (especially for slapping) is a true stereo 19" LExicon MPX100. It's quite cheap but has the highest quality reverb & chorus.

I use the Alesis 3830 19" stereo compressor as insert.
    The Lexicon effect is mixed together with the compressed bass signal on a small mixing console. Since the Lexicon is stereo it is routed over a stereo fader, the bass singal over mono fader.
    And the tuner gets its singal by the aux out...

A bit difficult but very effective because I can mix other effects with the Lexicon over other faders totally independently. :D

Dominik

[Edited by 5156246 on 09-12-2000 at 04:55 PM]

3. SBX1

SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    Although, Thanks Dominik

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The best stompbox is the TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger (ca. 250$ in Germany) - best sound in a box and dead quiet. I use a Danelectro Cool Cat - great retro design, sturdy construction, great stereo chorus sound, and relatively lownoise/high headroom due to its 18-V circuit. And it sells for 70$ in Germany - quite a bargain IMO...

5. If you want a dedicated chorus for Slap bass, you might also want to invest in a compressor as well, but for simplicity and rugged construction, the old Boss Bass chorus pedal is a sure thing for not too much cash.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Compression for bass is always recommended, escpecially for slapping...I prefer 19"-rackmount compressors - most stomp boxes aren't versatile enough and tend to hurt your sound and add unwanted noise...

7. SBX1

SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    ;)
    ;D
    :)
    :D
    ;(
    :(
    ;:
    :;
    ;.