Best chorus for slap

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SBX1, Sep 11, 2000.

1. SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    Help me!
    I'd like to buy a chorus pedal to emphasis my slap.
    I have a musicman 4 strings and RBX Yahama.
    Which pedal is better for me?
  2. 5156246

Sep 6, 2000
    unfortunately, I can't help you out with an effect pedal.

But the chours I use (especially for slapping) is a true stereo 19" LExicon MPX100. It's quite cheap but has the highest quality reverb & chorus.

I use the Alesis 3830 19" stereo compressor as insert.
    The Lexicon effect is mixed together with the compressed bass signal on a small mixing console. Since the Lexicon is stereo it is routed over a stereo fader, the bass singal over mono fader.
    And the tuner gets its singal by the aux out...

A bit difficult but very effective because I can mix other effects with the Lexicon over other faders totally independently. :D

[Edited by 5156246 on 09-12-2000 at 04:55 PM]
  3. SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    Although, Thanks Dominik
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The best stompbox is the TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger (ca. 250$ in Germany) - best sound in a box and dead quiet. I use a Danelectro Cool Cat - great retro design, sturdy construction, great stereo chorus sound, and relatively lownoise/high headroom due to its 18-V circuit. And it sells for 70$ in Germany - quite a bargain IMO...
  5. If you want a dedicated chorus for Slap bass, you might also want to invest in a compressor as well, but for simplicity and rugged construction, the old Boss Bass chorus pedal is a sure thing for not too much cash.
  6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Compression for bass is always recommended, escpecially for slapping...I prefer 19"-rackmount compressors - most stomp boxes aren't versatile enough and tend to hurt your sound and add unwanted noise...
  7. SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
  8. SBX1

Apr 7, 2000
    1 :/
    2 :-
    3 ;/
    4 ;-
    5 ,)
    6 ,(
    7 ,-
    8 ,/