Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best chorus pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sams, Apr 20, 2001.

1. sams

sams

Mar 20, 2001
    East Orange, NJ
    I am interested in purchasing a chorus pedal. I would like to hear everyones suggestions...

2. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Boss CEB-3. It is a very good and cheap bass chorus pedal. I use mine a lot. It still preserves the low end and can give give you mild chorus to weird alien talk sounds.

-KB

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, I think you'll have to choose between the EBS and TC Electronics chorus pedals...they're widely known as the best sounding and most durable on the market.

4. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    The Danelectro Cool Cat is pretty sweet. ( Although I use a Boss!)

5. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Also check out the older (non-bass-specific) Boss chorus pedals like the CE-1 & CE-2. They're really nice and mellow, lots of warmth. You might pay a bit of premium for one though, cos they are in demand.

6. If you want to invest into a very stylish floor unit, get youself an Electro-Harmonix Polychorus. It's probably the coolest chorus ever built, and it has also a flanger in it. EH replied to my email some months back and told me, that it's true bypass - a very nice touch indeed!

Also worth investigating is EH's Small Clone chorus - way much cheaper and only has two knobs (if Polychorus feels too complicated).

7. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    I have the Boss chorus, sort of noisy, but a pretty good sound. As mentioned in the earlier post above, the TC electronics is awesome. I think it sounds as good as a nice rackmont unit, but is pretty pricey. You didn't indicate your price range, but if you want a pedal, that one is the best I've heard.

8. The Boss CE-3 provides a good sound although it isn't specifically for bass. I've heard that their bass chorus is pretty good too (as mentioned above).

9. funkastorious

funkastorious

May 26, 2000
    Mpls, MN.
    No submit my standard effects answer.....

Whatever sounds best to you and your music!

There is a HUGE difference between a cheap and expensive chorus unit. So, rather than give you the highest priced model, I'd suggest buy whichever sounds best to you.

For Ex, the EBS will be great for recording because of it's low noise. But, if you're playing is live, there isn't a great demand for a low-noise solutions, so save your money.....