1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Combo 100-150W?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassthroned, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Hello all!,

Please help with combo choice from 100 to 150 W. It will only be used in my rehearsal room (It is small).

I have an Eden EC 10 (50W Combo) and an Ibanez ATK 800 bass.

I like the sound of the Eden amplifier, but I find it very warm and let's say a little rocker. I would like something lighter or more modern sound.

I've been watching a Fender Rumble and the Hartke series A and HD (I do not know the exact difference between both models) and some Ampeg that sometimes go on sale used.

ideal something that is not too expensive but with great sound!

Thank you all!

2. Any recommendations friends? The market in Chile is limited.

3. Solude

Solude

Sep 16, 2017
    Given your preferences I would get a GK MB combo. The Rumble would be more of what you have.

4. Thanks for the recommendation. I liked the amplifier, but new ones are expensive ... I saw one used and I made an offer.

Any other recommendation?

Regards!

5. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    dragon68 likes this.
  6. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    Any luck Varg? Man you should start your own bass amp company... The Varg Amp!

7. Probably any recent model with a 12", 60W+ should be more than enough at home, unless you rehearse with a band that gets out of control in a small rehearsal environment. Some have tweeters for a brighter sound.