1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best combo/amp I can buy at zzounds?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jason Hall, Aug 27, 2012.

1. I usually post on the effects forum and I've done some searching here, so let me just cut to the chase. I have limited funds to use to buy an amp, 400-500 tops. The only way I can afford to upgrade my amp is because zzounds runs financing where they split the payments up for 4 months. I tried this out with some pedals from there and it's worked out really nice.

The I'm currently considering is the TC Electronic BG250. I'm going to be running a loop with a clean signal and a noisy distorted signal into it so I want the amp to be relatively clean but not harsh. If it's light that'd be nice too. I've read some glowing reviews on this thing but I'm not sure if any of the ones amps in that price range may better suit me. I use a j bass style passive bass and play metal and hard rock. Any help would be appreciated and if anyone knows any other company that runs financing similar to zzounds and may have some different models that would be nice too. I can't use a CC, those are all maxed out thanks to the wife lol. Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and it has to be loud enough for practice and medium sized gigs. Doesn't have to be enough to play a stadium but something for bar gigging would be great.