1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

best comment i have ever gotten

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bob Clayton, May 7, 2006.

1. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    as my band was packing up after a show last night, my old drummer of an older band came up to me and said...

"you bring so much to the band. (i recently replaced another bassist) ... now i know that there is a difference between playing the bass, and playing it right."

i felt pretty good.

anyone ever get this comment?

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    That's really cool!

I think the best comment I have (if you can call that a comment) is when a drummer I worked with call me for another gig.
    I feel really good when it happen :)

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That rocks! I played the Montreaux Jazz Fest with a band called Blackperl, and Billy Odum (Madonna, TLC, Outkast, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, etc.) said to me afterwards, "Bruh, as far as bass players, you're in my top 5."

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Thats awesome Bob , Keep Rockin ! :bassist:

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I had two different people tell me that I am the best bass player they have ever heard last week. One of them is a drummer and the other one is a bass player. They are both in fairly successful bands that tour the Michigan club circuit. I don't really believe them, but it's that's what they think. What do I think?..............

They should get out more.:rolleyes:

6. I get that from the guy who runs our band (guitar player/singer) about once every other gig... then on the other, every other gigs I get told how much of a pain in the ass I am... Not sure which to go with...

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I got an email out of the blue from the bassist of El Pus (I hear he's sat in with BlackPearl too), he goes by the name Woodchuck that simply said:

:bassist:

Clay, that was a great compliment! Congrats!

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I've gotten a few "man, you're really tight with that drummer" and "you make that band sound GOOD" but never what your guy said word for word ;)

9. mine are from when i played trombone in highschool

from the band director in highschool if it were not for raw talent you would suck because you never practice or show up for class

from a judge on a critique tape for jazz band contest
    that bass-trombone player has some killer chops