best comment

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PUNK&DONUTS, Jan 11, 2001.

1. Best I eva got was when I was returning all my music books at the end of high school and the music teacher who taught me a lot of the basics said you have come along way from nothing to something keep playing cause your playing better bass than me thats pretty good considering he produced his own album and played bass on his album.

The other was my mom she said "that sounds pretty good why don't you play that for your sisters party" I sometimes wonder if it really was or she was just being understanding.
  2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Best comment I remember was when I was in a band that played weekends in a dive for about $100 apiece and free drinks all night. During a break, I went to the bar with the lead guitarist to get some gin & tonics. The bartender said, "I'm going to have to put those in beer mugs. Your bass player knocked all the cocktail glasses on the floor during that last song." ("Rocky Mountain Way," Joe Walsh)
  3. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Well done Rick, Ya gotta love that!!!!
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Welcome to the board, Punk&Donuts. By the contents of your post, I assue you wanted to post a reply to the Thread that asks what was the best compliment each member ever received.
    Remember to click on "Post reply" and not "New thread" otherwise, your reply will become a new thread, like this one.

Will C.:cool:
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Uh, Mike - judging from the rig in your profile, you like to cripple small children, too!

The culprit in the case I referred to is a little known beast that Fender made in the first half of the 70's, the 400 PS. It was 435 watts into 3 cabinets. Fender sold it with a wheeled stand for the head, since it weighed 84 lbs. Each cab was 126 lbs. (18"s).