Best Commericials Ever?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I love the Verizon commericial with all the rockstars... Is it Davy Roth that is on the carousel eating cotton candy? I love it.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  3. I love commercials. Think of this like a songwriter, you have 15, 30 or 60 seconds to get your point across completely and coherently, if you've ever written a jingle you know what I'm talking about.

For some reason I've always loved the Stainmaster carpet commercial from several years ago with a baby in a walker tearing around the house knocking everything over, then he comes up to a set of legs, and there's this hot mom with her arms akimbo looking down at baby and he takes off. Dude, she was hot.

My favorite new commercial is the Starbucks one with the "Glen! Glen Glen Glen!..." Survivor "Eye Of The Tiger" thing going on. Someone was trying to convince me that it was actually Survivor, I think not... :p
  4. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Right now I'm loving the Starbucks commercial with Survivor following the guy to the office.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Where's the beef?

Actually that wasn't my favorite but it was possibly the most memorable since it basically became a motto of the 80's. I was always partial to the original Little Caesar's commercials when they got really wacky.

Ooh no! I just thought of one of my favorites...the Pep Boys commercial with the talking moose in the middle of the road that almost gets run over. That was funny...something about his voice.

brad cook
  6. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    That reminded me of the advert of this dude on a barbecue cooking sausages. Then it pops the song "When will i see you again?"
    Telling you about cross contamination. Very good. Or the drink driving one with the 3 lads at a pub, they give the man a pint of lager, he says ah no worries its just one pint. He then eyes up this girl, then it kinda turns into a car, and she gets knocked over and it on the floor in the pub simulating an accident.

I must say that the best video i have seen is The scientist - Coldplay. very good. Shows you should wear a seat belt (or a life belt as peter Kay would say), probs inspired by the government
  7. the italian job remake. great commercial for mini-coopers.
  8. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Moose: Didja get those brakes at Pep Boys?
    Man: Uh, Yeah
    Moose: I appreciate it

Classic :D

I loved the newer Dairy Queen one for the "Flame Thrower" Burger where the guy wipes his mouth, and the napkin catches fire, then he screams and fire shoots from his mouth, and the office empties because he set it on fire. Then the final shot of him on top of a desk with his mouth to the sprinkler :smug:
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I saw that one. My problem is that you don't hit a moose. A moose hits you.
  10. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Oh, like we have mooses in Texas? How would we know? ;)

btw, how do you pluralize moose? :eyebrow:
  11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
  12. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Meese" according to the three stooges. Moose according to Mr. Webster (no, not the short guy from TV).

brad cook
  13. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Moose. "Oh, look, a moose."
    Moose. "Oh, man, that's a lotta moose."

Okay, for those of you that don't know, a moose is about twice the size of a horse, on average. No, I'm not kidding. They're farkin' huge; every year in Alaska, there's the Moose vs. Car tally. Yes, moose do die, but more often than not, the moose wins.
  14. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    They aren't that big. The one's I've seen (maybe like 4 or 5) were maybe like...1 and a half times the size of a horse.

I remember back in 2nd grade I went to summer camp and when we came out one morning there was this moose just standing there...eating leaves.
  15. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    I knew they were big, but sheesh. We have really big wild pigs here, twice the size of big dogs :D
  16. Too bad is a subscription site now.

Does that make any sense? Pay money to intentionally see 'film clips' that most people avoid. :confused:
  17. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I grew up with my mother yelling at the buggers for eating her lialacs. I saw 4 or 5 a week, at least. Trust me, those things get huge: 1.5 is fair to middlin' for a moose. Welterweight moose, as it were. Uh, this was in Alaska, I might add.

Off off topic:

We used to have a playhouse my dad built for us (like 12x12) and we were playing in it one fall, and a moose came wandering into the yard (it was a big yard. We were on an acre and a half of land), and came between the house and the playhouse. Now, this isn't big, we'd been around moose before. But, it was a mama moose, and we didn't know where/if there was a calf. If you get between a mama and a calf...well, people die every year that way. So, my mom, on the 2nd story porch, got worried. She didn't want a mauled pack of kids. So, she starts yelling at the moose, trying to get it to move.

She finally grabbed a hunk of firewood (quarter of a log. The kind you split in half for medium kindling) and hucks it at the moose. Given this thing is twice the size of a horse, it really shouldn't do anythign right? Just get it moving. Nails the moose right on the hump, and BAM, it hits the ground.
    About a half hour later, the thing staggered to it's feet, and sort of walked away like it was drunk.
    My mom cold cocked a moose from 20 feet, how hardcore is that?
  18. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    almost as hardcore as you dear ;)