Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Concert

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by voleceq, Aug 2, 2001.

1. The best concert I have ever been to would have to have been Rancid. All the mosh-pit action and the crowd surfing. Anyways, what is your favorite concert you have ever been to?

2. My Favorite would probably have to be Black Sabbath or Sevendust.

3. August 16, 2000: Startlight Theatre in Kansas City, MO. - B.B. King/Buddy Guy/Susan Tedeschi

Sometime in July, 2000: Kansas City Jazz and Blues festival - Gov't Mule and Little Milton

4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    ohh man tough question! Lately probably bela fleck and the fleckstones! Got 3sd row in front of vic! But over all i dont know! Good ones ive seen would be Kansas,jefferson airplane,claptin,jeff beck,ccr,stone temple pilots,phish,dave mathews band,primus,rhcp,def leapard, ohh man i dont know!

5. Rancid are great live, pits are great too.

6. The best would be Motley Crue on the maximum rock tour. It was awesome.

Didn't hurt that Anthrax and Megadeth opened either.

7. Definitely have to be Tool. The concert was not only watching the band play, but the visuals that they had on their massive screens were unreal!

8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    RUSH at MSG on the Signals tour. I think it was 3 Dec 1982. Rory Gallagher opened.

9. Yikes! It's pretty hard to choose.

The Jethro Tull "Passion Play" tour was excellent.

Led Zeplin was great in '75. The first Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young reunion was really good.

More recently, the Kiss farewell tour was impressive, and Alice Cooper is always worth the money!

Lisa

10. Les Claypool And The Flying Frog Birgade. 'nough said

11. First one that comes up to me was my first concert ever, it was Lou Reed and it must have been '75 or '76, I was 12 or 13, awsome experience.
    Others that were outstanding were the Jam (twice), and the earlier mentioned Rory Callagher (my second concert ever).
    I think seeing bands became a more common thing to me later on, and that's why the first ones (and they were great acts of course) are still the best in my memorie.

Yvette

12. A tie between The Cure in 1992 and Catherine Wheel in 2000.

13. Ive seen most most of todays top acts including the Chili Peppers, Limp Bizkit, Foo Fighters, Tool, Smashing Pumpkins etc. but one stands head and shoulders over the rest - Bob Dylan. I saw him in march and he put on the best concert I have ever seen, well over two hours, he played all the favorites, which he has totally redone and modernised, and lots of his new stuff (which I think is some of the best work he has ever done), It was just awesome! Speaking of which, his new album is coming out very soon!

14. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    I'd have to say Ozric Tentacles' two-night stand at the Wetlands NYC in October 2000.

It was the perfect combination of my favorite band, lots of good friends, a good sound system and venue, and amazing energy between the crowd and the band.

Sadly, the Wetlands will be closing in a month or so... :(

15. Top 3 were all at the Warfield, in San Francisco

Fishbone 4-9-94
    Pearl Jam 10-28-93
    Bjork 11-3-95

Maybe I was just more impressionable then.

16. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    in the 80's I saw John Cougar mellencamp. It's the best concert I ever seen.
    I was so simple, a plane stage, white light only, and still the best show I even seen.

17. Jodaka

Jodaka

Jun 28, 2001
    Riverview, FL
    so many good shows, so little time...

KISS was my first show (before the makeup came off the first time), COTN in feb '83, and every tour since. they have great live shows.

DLR in '86 with vai and sheehan was a great showcase of 2 great players.

RUSH w/ Mr. Big in early '90. 2 of my favorite bassists. can't really go wrong with sheehan and lee in one evening.

ozzy/anthrax, ozzy/metallica, priest/dokken, queensryche, roy orbison (which one of these doesn't look like the others?), pink floyd, etc.

18. 1) Rollins Band, Helmet and Sausage, smallish outdoor show in 1995.
    2) Smashing Pumpkins on the 'Gish' tour in a packed club, about 1,000-1,200 people.
    3) Christian McBride and his band in 1999 at a small but amazing concert hall at Clayton State College, about 30 minutes south of Atlanta.
    4) Rush with Mr. Big at the Omni, the show where Paul Gilbert got the electric drill caught in his hair!
    5) Medeski, Martin and Wood in 1995 at a very small club, about 250 people packed tight as sardines, they didn't even start playing 'till 1am!

19. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Easy. Melissa Etheridge, December 1992, Chicago Theatre for a WXRT "Concert for the Kids" charity show. We had third row seats, and I ended up getting sweat upon by Melissa. Great bass work by Kevin McCormack (I think it was).

She seems to attract great bassists. We saw her a few years ago at the World in far south suburban Chicago, and Mark Browne (sp?) was VERY impressive. The venue sucked, 'tho - I'll never go back to the World.

(If you've never been to one of her concerts, it's traditional to change the male/female bathrooms to butch/fem because of the large influx of GLBT fans - everybody expects it, and it always goes smoothly. Indigo Girls shows are the same. The Nazi jerks at the World were busting - as in having the police take away - women that used the men's facilities because of the block long lines for the women's. That, no dancing allowed, and $6 for soft drinks. Bastards.)

20. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Best concert??? The Who. 2000. They rock harder than almost anybody of today!:D