1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best custom molded IEM's for bass and overall band monitoring.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by mettec, Jan 14, 2012.

1. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    My band is going all IEM's and I am looking to see who has experience with certain manufactures and models optimized for bass guitar. We are a 4 piece group(guitar,drums,bass,and vocals) that plays Top 40 dance /Hip Hop and use backing tracks for the keyboard produced sounds.

I have looked into dual or triple drivers by Ultimate Ears, Alien Ears, and Westone to name a few. I want something that gives great bass response as well as being able to hear my vocals and everything else without losing clarity.

I would appreciate any opinions on this.:help:

Thanks

2. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
  3. blueacid4l

blueacid4l Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2006
    umm.. the link just sends to a search engine error..

4. I have the TF10s from Ultimate Ears, they're not the customs. They sound great for bass, the custom fits can't be worse. They sound great for vocals too. Vocals are the easy part. Low end is the tough part for IEMs.

Randy

5. I have used Alien Ears C3 (2 low triples) and Quads. I loved each of them. The quads are much better but the triples were more than fine.

6. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I am interested mostly in the Alien ears because of the price, warranty, and custom fit. I practice at home with a $100 pair of headphones through an audio interface and if my bass sounds good this way, I think that it will be fine through the dual low end drivers.

7. I had some tf10's which I got molded into customs by 1964ears.com. The tf10's had good bass b4 but with the custom molds they blew my mind.

I would read some reviews on headfi.org. Value for money and quality I went for 1964ears after doing A LOT of research. Quad drivers would be my pick.