Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best Dbl BG gig bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by j-raj, Aug 17, 2005.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I'm on the search for a Dbl-gig bag to carry two basses to gigs.

I have been looking at:

Mooradian
    Ritter
    Access-Bags
    Levi's
    InCase (if I can find one used)
    Undercover
    Reunion Blues (mortage-needed)

What is the best one out there?

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'd add Undercover to that list.

3. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    done.

So I guess that would be your vote... if this was a poll.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yup.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I bought an undercover from Gard when he was BC employed. Great bag. I use it to this day while hard cases sit in my garage.

6. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    Another vote here for undercover, I got mine also from basscentral. Bought an undercover bag for my NS EUB along with the double bass guitar bag. I've used both for every gig since, not one problem. I was looking for an incase dub myself at the time but heard they were pretty heavy. I think there was a used one on the for sale section last week though.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    J, let me know if you want me to take some pics of my Levy's - I really don't like it, so maybe I can at least talk you out of it...

:D

(the reason I really don't like it is due to the design - the inner flap is too flappy...)

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I have a Levy's and agree about that inner flap. Also, the bottom part doesn't offer much protection to the top bass. But mine has lasted 7 years so far, so that's something.

9. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Yeah actally I would like to see what their dbl-bag looks like. I only saw the catalog pix. I didn't see any in Indy, but then again I wasn't looking that hard for them then.

10. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    Incase is the toughest.

Undercover is the most comfortable bag to wear as a backpack, has a ton of room, & has super cush padding.

My undercover bag gets the most use these days, but I usually take the incase to gigs because its so tough.

11. Warwick has a dbl Rockbag that's pretty good. Can't compare it with the others, haven't seen them. Might be way better, might be junk. But has decent padding. Wouldn't drop it on the sidewalk or anything.

Randy

12. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    The Undercover I have is very nice. It seems maybe a little bigger than the Levy's double bags I've seen--it actually fits my Conklin GT-7 that I never ever take out of the house. ;) Pockets are big, straps are comfy. Only thing I don't like about it is that the zipper seems lower-grade than the one on the Levy's.

13. What about the fender dbl gig bag? any good?

14. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Looked into the availability of the Incase ones (first choice), no luck... The undercover and reunion blues were pretty pricey.

I found out one of my reps has some samples from Ritter and I could buy a DBL-bag like it was a used/demo for little $... guess I'm going that route.

Thanks guys!

15. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I had an inCase Dub and sold it because it weighed close to 35-40 lbs when it had two basses in it. Combine that with the size, and it was pretty unwieldy, and not exactly the "conveniece" that I was looking for.

I checked out the Levy's double bag and the Mooradian at the Atlanta Bass Gallery, and eventually went with the Mooradian. it fits both of my Bongo 5s, or a Bongo 5 and my Metro 5 without any problem, and is still relatively easy to carry. It has plenty of padding inside, and I haven't had any problems yet.

16. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I've also got the Mooradian. I've had it for a few months now-i like it. It'll get a real test once i get to school.

That's all

17. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    I actually like my Levy's. I'm kind of surprised how unpopular they sound here. How much does the Undercover go for? I'll need another double bag when I get 5-strings.

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    The Levy's I saw was a very nice bag. I have one of the high end Levy's leather bags, and their double (While not entirely leather) was constructed every bit as nice.

The Mooradian was just a lot cheaper, and I didn't see any reason at the time to spend the extra $$$.

19. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I have the Ritter. I like it for the most part. Lots of padding and protection, both on the outside and between basses. It is a little bulky with two basses in it, but I imagine most well padded 2 bass gig bags would be. It also has a lot of pockets and compartments. Zippers seem heavy duty. A friend of mine has been using his daily for several years and seems like it is holding up well. He just replaced it as the newer models have better padding. Seems to balance a little high when using the shoulder straps, but that does keep it from banging into the backs of your legs as you walk with it strapped on.

Hope this helps.

20. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Chrisrm,

My Ritter DBl-bag arrived... wow it's huge!

The only thing is that the back-pack-styled straps are up way too high, which lifts the bass 2 feet above my head.

Look solid, let's see how it works out this evening.