Best effects for industrail for under $200

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    What are some of the best effects for industrial music thats 200 and less. Im looking for good effects for holding up song structures
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

A fuzz and a flanger come to mind.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Fuzz and flanger, to be sure.
  4. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    So from their input try a electro harmonix big muff or double muff for the fuzz and then boss or digitech for the flanger. I got an old aria flanger in a pawn shop that I love so always check there first as you never know what you might find.

Or you could go for a digitech multieffects (ewww I said a dirty word) this is always the cheapest and easy way to get into effects.

Hope this helps
  5. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    it's times like this i wish gunnar was still around :(
  6. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003

I cant even believe this thread made it to post 6 without mention of one. As for the actual pedals to get, anything by electo-harmonix.
  7. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    yeah you need a bass synth to do all those watery underground noises, for the pseudo dance bits in metal.
  8. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Can you be a little more specific as to what sounds you're looking to make- reference any tones in songs that you have in mind? There are a bunch of things you might be interested- I've heard arguments go on for days as to what constitutes industrial.
    A deep impact wil give you some kick ass nine inch nail type sound (some people consider them to be industrial, personally I'd rather not be drawn into the argumentl.
    The russian ehx big muff also comes with my seal of approval- dirty and cold sounding- easy to modify. If you really want a cheap flanger I rate the boss guitar (purple) on bass above the bass flanger- but again that's just me.