Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Envelope Filter?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ToStogyDX, May 4, 2001.

1. I'm going to by one but need help on selecting the best one. I heard some stuff about the DOD one and the EH Small Stone. Thanks guys!

2. shagEb

shagEb Guest

Apr 14, 2001
    USA, Polkville NC
    EH small stones is actually a phaser the EH bassballs is the envelope filter. I've used both the DOD and the EH envelope filters and prefer the EH for the fact that i did not lose any bottom end. but it is according to your preference.

3. How is the DOD envelope filter pedal for bass? Take away much low end?

4. its DOD so i cant imagine its too great

5. I would definitely recommend EH's Q-Tron, extremely funky filter, sounds almost identical to the legendary Mu-Tron III and is true bypass - no low-end loss! There's also a smaller version of this (somewhat expensive, but not as expensive as mu-tron) pedal, the Mini Q-Tron.

EH's Bass Balls sounds radically different, as it has twin filters and distortion. Both are very slick and greasy sounding - forget about DOD!! Dod's filter can be called a quack box, as most of D'UH pedals anyway - they're for beginners who don't necessarily need high quality... IMHO.

6. Moonraker

Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    I want a Q - tron pedal (pretty damn pricey though) , this is definately an envelope filter to purchase. If you got lots of money to dispose of check out the Lovetone Meatball.

7. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    I strongly advise you not to get the DOD. it sucks. A good alternative would be the Bassballs.

8. NeoTrotskyist

NeoTrotskyist

Apr 2, 2001
    Even though it's really pricy (over $300, i think), the Moogerfooger Low Pass Filter sounds really good. Definately better than DOD, but unless you've got a lot of extra money, the EH pedals are probably a better value.

9. Moonraker

Moonraker

Mar 7, 2001
    Is'nt that Digitech whammy pedal an envelope filter , guitarists mostly use it though.