Best Epifani Cabinet???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djshawn47, Jul 7, 2004.

1. For the people that have tried numerous Epifani Cabinets, which do you think is their sounding cabinet.

I know the the HT-322 is a favorite for the Bergies……

And the GS112 is by far the best Aguilar Cab….

What about the Epifanis??????
  2. My favority was the older style (side by side woofers) 2x12. I played this one for a long time :cool:
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

i think the GS412 is the best Aguilar cab. *shrug*

but there's no best. just best for your needs.

so what are your needs?
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    You really aren't going to go wrong with anything by Epifani as far as I'm concerned. It depends on what you like/need though as Joker pointed out. Personally, I like tens. I owned a NYC T-112 very recently and I liked it but it didn't have all the cut of tens that I prefer. I bought the 210 it has the cut but not wuite as much boom as the 112. I have the 310 and its the 210 with a little more of everything one would consider good (except for the weight which some may consider bad). The 210 is great. The 310 is better. The 410 owns even moreso but is too big for my britches. The 610 must be the best cab ever (there's a big IMO attached to that one).

On a side note, I owned a GS-112 and I didn't care for it: Too mushy, no authority. YMMV.
  5. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Perhaps you should rephrase it to "most popular?"
  6. That's what i meant to ask.........
  7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    I'm with Jorg...the old side by side 2x12. Although I played through a 3x10 at Low Down Sound a couple weeks ago and kind of fell in love with it too..
  8. jobu3

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I'd say their 310's are pretty popular... Small enough, loud enough, deep enough, etc. ;)
  9. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Same here, I sold my GS112s. I'm after an Epifani or Berg cab. I'll choose between the Berg 322, Epifani T310 and Epifani T210. I hope to order this week.
  10. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Jorg had 2 2x12's. I bought one from him and fell in love. I sold every other cab I owned. 'Nuff said!

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Berg HT322. You'll never look back after hearing it.
  12. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    212 or 310
    depends on your style
    i'll take the 212 :D
  13. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

nice, BP. nothin' like a Sad/Epi backline. :bassist:
  14. MaHei

Dec 24, 2002
    If you're considering the 3x10 or 4x10 but weight is an issue, get two 2x10 UL. That's the setup I have and I like it a lot. Good tone and light weight, simply great for gigging. Don't know how this compares to the other epi cabs though.
  15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have heard a good number of Epifani's cabs (though not all), and to the extent possible, I tried to play them in various combinations as well. The most impressive single cab that I found was the T-110UL, though it would not be loud enough for many situations. The T-212D or T-310UL would be my choice if I could only have one Epifani cab for all of my gigs.

But the best combination of cabs, and the best sound by far that I was able to get from Epifani cabs, is the T-110UL with a T-112. This is truly a magical combination. I believe Vanselus can back me up on this one. If you ever need to move more air (and can handle a 2.67 ohm load), a second T-112 (for a total of three cabs) works great.
  16. Does anyone know if the NYC 310 sounds different from the 310UL?

I would think that if you use different materials to make a cabinet lighter, it must change the sound some.

If the cabinets do sound different, what are those sonic differences?
  17. hensonbass

hensonbass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I played a variety (jazz, rock, pop) gig last night with my new AI Focus amp into an Epi 110UL and it filled the room very well. I didn't have to plug into the PA like I normally did with my AI contra combo.

The sound of my upright and electric was great through that cab. And my whole rig weighs a little over 25 pounds amp and cabinet combined:D

I also owned a T-212D that sounded great but I got tired of carrying it.
  18. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I have the older T-310 and T-212 (horizontal). I tend to favor the 310 because it sounds a little flatter and punchier to my ears. The 212 is fat and a modern sorta way! ;)
  19. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    What are the sonic differences between the Berg 322 and Epifani T310?
  20. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Good question! I have the Berg 322, as well. The Berg 322 is a very full-range sounding cab. It seems quite a bit flatter than the Epi's to me. Very revealing. In fact, if only one cab is the order of the day in a medium-sized and up room, the 322 is my current choice. Powered by my Walter Woods Ultra, it's killer. The thing I like about the Epi 310, OTOH, is that it's really a VERY punchy cab. For slap, I'd have to say it would get the nod. For fingerstyle, I'd take the 322, however.