Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Fender P-Bass Replacement Neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    I wonder what is the best replacement neck for an FEnder P-Bass, im gonna build an Precision bass with maple neck and Maple Fretboard and its kinda important for me to have an skunk stripe on it to.. :p

I have Been looking at Warmoths, but i found an neck on www.stewmac.com ,that met my demands, i wonder how goods their neck is, if anyone have it,or have tried an bass with it on? (i think they have Mightymite necks, but im not sure if they make their own...)

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Warmoth > All

3. Warmoth=$$$x1,000.

Try Mighty Might, or Allparts if you need something cheaper.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    He asked for the best, not the cheapest. :p

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Beep beep! Grammar police! You're under arrest.

Fine the error :p

6. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Warmoth necks kill! They are awesome. I've got four of them and they're great.

7. mielke

mielke

Nov 24, 2003
    "Fine" the error? How about "find" the error, since we're looking...

:smug:

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Thank you, Mr. Spelling Commissioner.

9. I have both a Warmoth and an Allparts necks. The Warmoth is a standard Jazz neck. Great truss adjustment, no twisting, great action.
    The Allparts neck is a 70's block inlay style. Again,.... great truss adjustment and no twisting but, I think the action can get lower on the allparts neck.
    I heard, I think on this site, that the Allparts had less wood routed from the trussrod area, thus giving you a better tone. I have to agree. To my ears, the Allparts neck is warmer in tone.
    Hope my opinion helps.
    Cheers,
    Hawk

10. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    well, 'kin excuse me for not being american/english then..

so Warmoth Neck? i want the skunk line, warmoth dont have thoose... :p unless i pay 200$ extra for them to make one.. :p

11. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

Give EddieTheKiller some slack, he's from Norway.
    Our TB brothers and sisters from foriegn lands have a different perspective of are language, this will cause grammer issues. If I can understand what EddieTheKiller is saying, then that is good enough for me.

12. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Our langauge.

13. BassFelt

BassFelt

Mar 26, 2002
    our language

(not mine :) )

14. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    this wasnt what the thread was supposed to be about(yes a whole bunch of wrong things...)

I need an cheap(not necissary very cheap..around 220$ or bellow), good Precision Bass Neck made of Maple(full maple neck/fretboard) with an skunk line.. anybody care to help and not care to much about my 'kin spelling?!

no?

15. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hey Eddie....I'm selling a MIM P bass with a rosewood board with EMG's.

Might be some parts in there for you. PM me if interested.

16. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    neh, sorry, i have kinda decided al the parts now, i dont think its much like an mim bass... atleast not pickups, bridge, fretboard or neck :p

17. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    noone?

18. Mazinger

Mazinger Supporting Member

Nov 9, 2002
    USA
    Just to let you know.

I have a mighty mite Pbass neck and it's a bit thicker than my MIA Pbass neck.