1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best First Jam

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Herrlster, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Herrlster

Herrlster

Oct 27, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Even though we messed up most of the songs we did, it was a great first jam.

We had to wait outside the jam space for 20 mins for one of the musicians to show up. But we had a ton of laughs, just from telling stories and buggin' eachother and such (Even though it was mainly the other 3 telling the stories (I'm the new one to the group, so I don't have any stories.))

Then when we got inside and jammed it was fun. Even though we forgot riffs and words every musician is great at the instrument they play. We had fun with it and just winged it. Everyone was just having fun and playing their instruments.

We all got along well, I think everyone just sorta clicked. The singer, and the two guitarists went to the same high school so they all knew eachother. I somewhat knew the drummer and one of the guitarists. It takes me a bit to loosen up and openly be myself once I jam/hang out with new people, but with these people, it should be no problem.

We're playing more pop-rock type music. It's fun music, a good change from the music I used to play in my old band. We're all having fun so far, THAT is a good change from my old band where everyone was serious. They're all around my age, definitely better than my old band where I was the youngest by like 5-7 years.

So, lets just hope everything keeps going well!

2. SuperSnake2012

SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    IMO the most important thing is that you get along and feel comfortable with all the members. The music will come naturally :) Have fun, nothing is better than being a band where you're cool with all the members.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021