1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Folding Music Stand?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by RBPCRC, Jun 4, 2018.

1. RBPCRC

RBPCRC

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm looking for a good folding music stand that can be folded up and put in a reasonably small bag. The Hola! Music Folding Orchestra Sheet Music stand looks nice. What do you guys use?

2. Phil Smith

Phil Smith Mr Sumisu 2 U

May 30, 2000
    Peoples Republic of Brooklyn
    Creator of: iGigBook for Android/iOS
    I use the Peak, it doesn't fit in a small bag but has a good size desk and is pretty light but stable.

s van order likes this.
  3. aesopslyre

aesopslyre

Oct 27, 2007
    NY,NY
    This is surely the lightest, most portable stand out there.but it is not cheap. Nilton Magic Stand

Consept

4. jthisdell

jthisdell Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    s van order likes this.
  5. jleguy

jleguy

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    I own three of these:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002KLCGTU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$55, not necessarily light, but sturdy and compact when folded for travel. I use a bungee to put the two pieces together for travel. The bag they give works but its not very tough and I don't think it is necessary.

41IgrcAJIGL.

There is this one too for $50 that is similar, but I haven't used or seen it in person...just saw it...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WWBLKLP/ref=psdc_11965921_t3_B002KLCGTU
    51KyCyj3QtL._SL1002_.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  6. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I've been using Peak music stands since they started. For me they're the easiest, lightest, and strongest stands out there. Solid Black (or dark) works with and stage look. I went from using Manhasset stands. The Peak holds much more weight. I have a backup, still in the bag. Haven't needed it in 6 years of constant use.

s van order likes this.
  7. sowilson

sowilson

Jul 5, 2013