1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Four-String out there??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Skerik1, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    With no price limit, what do you think is the best four-string bass that you can buy and why? I'm just kind of curious. It can be anywhere from $100 to $100,000. Big brand-name instruments to custom hand-built ones by independant luthiers that make them out of their kitchen!

--Matthew

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    My Pedulla MVP-4.

Unfortunately, it does not count as a bass "out there" because it's "in here".:p :rolleyes:

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    The Wal Custom 2P, nowadays it's referred to as the "Mach I".

I like everything about it including:
    The way it looks.
    The way it plays.
    The way it sounds.

5. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i know many will disagree, but a nice vintage p-bass. they just have a perfect sound a feel to them, at least imo.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Well, the pic sucks but the best 4 string bass I ever played (and in this case, owned) is this '74 Fender Jazz. These things, of course, are TOTALLY subjective but this bass is simply alive. It's light as a feather and plays and sounds out of this world. It would be the last bass I'd sell if things came down to that!

[​IMG]

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    JT owns many 4 strings, and will....oh wait,,,,that just four by four on the same neck,,, nevermind.

A Spector USA neck thru .....Oh yeah.

8. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Peavey Cirrus....Its got awesome sounds, beautiful looks, and plays really well.

9. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    AMEN brother. Peach it.

10. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Fodera. For me, that's a very easy question. It's also the same answer from me for 5's and 6's ;)

Of course, I'd like to try an Auerswald but I'm not likely to have that chance :(