Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Four-String out there??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Skerik1, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    With no price limit, what do you think is the best four-string bass that you can buy and why? I'm just kind of curious. It can be anywhere from $100 to $100,000. Big brand-name instruments to custom hand-built ones by independant luthiers that make them out of their kitchen!

--Matthew

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
  3. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    My Pedulla MVP-4.

Unfortunately, it does not count as a bass "out there" because it's "in here".:p :rolleyes:

4. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    The Wal Custom 2P, nowadays it's referred to as the "Mach I".

I like everything about it including:
    The way it looks.
    The way it plays.
    The way it sounds.

5. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    i know many will disagree, but a nice vintage p-bass. they just have a perfect sound a feel to them, at least imo.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Well, the pic sucks but the best 4 string bass I ever played (and in this case, owned) is this '74 Fender Jazz. These things, of course, are TOTALLY subjective but this bass is simply alive. It's light as a feather and plays and sounds out of this world. It would be the last bass I'd sell if things came down to that!

[​IMG]

7. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    JT owns many 4 strings, and will....oh wait,,,,that just four by four on the same neck,,, nevermind.

A Spector USA neck thru .....Oh yeah.

8. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Peavey Cirrus....Its got awesome sounds, beautiful looks, and plays really well.

9. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    AMEN brother. Peach it.

10. niomosy

niomosy

Nov 9, 2002
    Fodera. For me, that's a very easy question. It's also the same answer from me for 5's and 6's ;)

Of course, I'd like to try an Auerswald but I'm not likely to have that chance :(