1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

best full range + high sensitivity 12" or 2x10" for $800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasperok, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jasperok

jasperok

Mar 11, 2008
    what would suggestions be for cabs that:

1)give a full range sound
    2)have high sensitivity (efficient db for watt ratio)
    3)cost 600 euros max (800 dollars)

i have a soft spot for 2x10 but if 1x12 would do a better job i'd go that way too - anything to have as much of the spectrum of sound available - (though not too expensive!)

thanks

2. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    Full range and high sensativity would have to be a hi-fi sound your looking for I'm guessing. So i would say eden 2x10xlt or a 2x12xlt. the 2x10 is probably a little brighter. or maybe an aguilar 2x10 although I have zero experience with aguilar. And one more I would suggest would be a SWR.:smug:

3. Assuming they are available in your area, the three 'top of the line' 210's (IMO, of course) should be in your price range:

Epifani210UL... very lightweight, relatively big.. deep, wide open voicing with lots of sparkle up top.... 8 and 4ohm versions

Glockenklang 210... I've only played the 112, so I'm assuming the 210 would kill also.. deep bass, even mids, clear top end... moderate weight.

Bergantino AE210.... lightweight, cool spray on covering... I've only played the 410 version, but the 210 is getting raves... small footprint (only 12" deep)... plenty of lows, very present mids and a somewhat aggressive top end.

The Eden 210XST is a nice one also... the XLT is too compressed in the low end, too big and way too heavy IMO.

IMO

4. Used AccuGroove

5. Not sure that would match the 'full range high sensitivity' requirement of the OP. To my ears, that is a very deep voiced 210 with a very attenuated upper mid and treble response... probably the most extreme voicing of any of the Accugroove cabs.... IMO and IME.

6. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    i paid $600 for a used Ampeg 1832, which is a monster, but ive seen them go for less than that since then

I dont know why.

7. p-nut95

p-nut95

May 27, 2007
    Philadelphia
    ampeg isnt what i think of when asking for full range and high sensativity