1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best fuzz/OD for this price range?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cornelius Dawse, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Hey folks! I've got this friend who's going to Steve's Music (basically the biggest music store of all Quebec) and he suggested me that he could buy me a pedal and I pay him back later! I'm so taking the opportunity!
    So, what would be the best fuzz or the best overdrive for around 60 bucks?
    Because I don't like what my Zoom B1 has to offer in this category!

2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Save your money, my man. With a little more money, you can get something with more bang for your buck.

3. I could actually put it up to 100$, to be honest. I'm sure they have used stuff anyway.

4. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

Mmh..... I was there (Montreal shop) Wednesday and saw only a small selection of used pedals, but I sorta looked quickly, was looking for something else.

If you're looking for distortion or OD along those prices, I think they still have an Ibanez PD-7. There's always the Boss ODB-3. They have a whole slew of EHX pedals, but they don't always work well on bass (lost in the mix or low-end loss).

Since you're not going to be there for the purchase, checking out clips on Youtube is probably a good move.

Mike

EDIT: the Digitech Bass Driver could also be an option, but low-end loss seems to be a preoccupation. There's also another current thread on the subject.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/needed-distortion-like-odb-3-but-better-887455/