Best Game Ever: Check out this video.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Indi86, Mar 5, 2006.

1. That's pretty cool. I remember hearing about that game a while back. I liked finally seeing it.
  2. wow that looks awesome, wonder were i can get it.
  3. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

What if another species attacks you and destroys your species? Do you have to restart?
  4. Deception

Feb 9, 2006
    it wont be avaible till christmas 2006
  5. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I was wondering that, too. In the right hands this could be an incredible gaming experience, but I suspect it could end up as a universe of intergalactic dictators still screaming n00b at each other as they level planets.
  6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It must just be me, but that game looks corny. was a cool collection of rhyming words in a row.

7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I read it in swing.
  8. It looks amazing in my opinion. The start of the game looks intense. The end game is very open, which could be a good or bad thing. Overall there seems to be a lot to do, which is always promising.
  9. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Looks detailed... But lame as heck. lol.

Best video game ever? Yeah right.

Bring on the new Elder Scrolls.
  10. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    That looks awesome! Though sometimes I yearn for the simpler days of plumbers that grew bigger after eating mushrooms. Looks pretty hardware intensive, though.
  11. I mean it-

It's an RTS, an RPG, a city builder on both small and large scale, a strategy game, and an open ended "sandbox". I guarantee that if it's released relatively bug free, it's going to smack it's Christmas '06 competition around, and continue to smack it around for 8-10 months, if not longer.

I'm not quite sure what's lame about it...
  12. That's probably not an issue in a single player game like this one.
  13. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    i'm trying to link the penny-arcade about will wright, but the archive just isn't working. :(
  14. i wonder how long it took maxis to make that....its probly gonna cost a fortune when it comes out
  15. It um, looks very um, procedural and it um, definitely looks like something um, very um, original and procedural.

It seems very Maxis. :)
  16. looks like something I will want. If they could do it as a network of actual friends and what not to limit the amount of buttholes in your universe, then multiplayer could be cool. That or slow the UFO down and make the universe so big that it is impossible to find every planet and just blow it up.

looks great regardless and I also found it pretty funny
  17. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I fear that this game may cause some of the more serious gaming crowd to forget what the sun looks like.
  18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I want a stuffed buttface.
  19. When this game comes out I will do nothing but play it and eat rice for 72 months.