best gaming moment ever: simply INCREDIBLE!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by DEFELDUS, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I think this is a good example(non-bass related)of what Fallon was going on about in that techniques thread.
  2. i dunno what you're talking about, but my guess is that anything can be mastered with enought practice? something along those lines?
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    not even close ;)

he was just talking about how people directly associate speed with talent, and how that's what gets people popularity, foremost over whatever other substance...etc.

In many ways he is right, but I really don't want to get into that...the thread is 'faster faster faster!!' in techniques.
  4. I heard of that video. It really is amazing.
  5. oh, i "dig"

but in as it applies to this video that doesnt make sense. speed here is the talent.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    If you're playing SMB3 and you skip the Big Green Boot, what's the point of playing at all?
  7. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    To be the fastest, and really craziest asian to beat SMB3. I was amazed when I saw this video, he plays it perfectly, I don't think a computer could beat this game faster even.
  8. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000

No Hammer Suit?

No Tanooki Suit?

No Frog Suit?!

No speed record is worth that. :(
  9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

Classic duck. Just classic.
  10. Whoever mastered this = LOOZOR !!!
  11. Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    If I had seen that video when I was about 9 I would have committed suicide.
  12. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Damn, that guy is good.
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    man, best gaming moment ever? not hardly. when i beat the final boss on doom 2 on nightmare level was a lot more exciting that that.

although the long string of extra guys the guy got from the tanks was pretty cool. :D
  14. Who cares about the power ups, I'm wondering how he avoided the urge to warp directly to the giant world. I thought that was the only point to the warp whistles?:confused:
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    He skipped worlds 2-7?
  16. is that the one with the elevator and the eye you have to shoot rockets in while going up? if so, congrats man! i could barely beat it on normal :meh:
  17. Very impressive. He certainly ignored all the scenery that makes SMB3 so great (powerups, the cool worlds in the middle, etc), but that playing was about as technically perfect as is possible. My jaw was certainly dropping at some of the extended stomping that guy was pulling off in the tank stages; some of it didn't even seem possible...apparently he got bored since it was a fixed scroll and he couldn't sprint through it :p

BTW, I don't suppose you've got a video of your Doom 2 wizardry, do ya JT? That would definitely be cool to see, as I remember not being able to do much of anything on the Nightmare level, even at my (apparently rather low) peak :oops:
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol, i wish. i used to live doom - played it at work all the time. got old, though, when the games where you had to actually aim came out. lol.