Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Geico commercial yet ...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Kids in a band trying out a guitar player who clearly isn't their style and can't play for dink. The leader's about to fire him ... pan to the left to ... Esteban! After his usual gobbledygook about bringing music into children's lives, he says he has good news. "Are you going to teach him to play the guitar?" "No, but ..." You know the rest.

2. Jmann

Jmann

Apr 29, 2003
    Lexington, Ky
    LOL I saw that one too... priceless

3. I've said it before, and here again: the ad agency in cahoots with Geico should be given all the accolades, since all other ads just plain suck (in America).

I still get chuckles off the cavemen in the restaurant one. My fave.

Esteban is just so creepy goofy. Sorry, ez-TAY-bahhhn.

4. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Am I the only one who has no idea who this guy is? I saw the commercial for the first time last night and I thought it was great, and I've seen his name around here but other than that, I don't have a clue about him.

Still my favorite Geico commercial is the Tony Little one. "YOU CAN DO IT!"

5. I haven't seen the commercial in question, but I'm guessing this Esteban fellow is the same one with the late night infomercial hawking a $99 acoustic guitar.

6. bwahahhhha :D

7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Is he the same guy who has a video that says he'll get you playing all your favorite guitar licks in like 10 minutes? *lol*

So is he someone who is taken seriously?

8. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I had never heard about him until HSN.

You can read about him at www.allmusic.com
    He has an impressive story.

His plucking hand ain't too shabby either.

9. You too can learn how to play "House of the rising sun" in 15 minutes.

thanks, I'll pass.

But really. The guy CAN play very well. He was taught by Segovia if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, he's ridiculously corny during the infomercial getting all misty saying he cherishes these 100 acoustics as much as his 5,000 dollar one.

oy veh.

10. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Well you probably don't see after the camera goes off "Get these pieces of $h!t out of my way!" He probably plays guitar by the fire, using the ones he sells on tv as kindling..

I guess some people have no shame :)

11. Assteban ;) just kidding.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I still like the tiny house reality show commercial.

brad cook

13. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    I saw an Estoban infomercial the other night and his back up band looked about as happy to be there as a group of hostages.

14. I'll have to keep a look out for that commercial, haha!

Esteban is very talented. He's probably in a very lucrative contract with HSN and gets his name out there at the same time. Not a bad gig. I wish he would just play the whole time instead of talk. But I guess talking is why he's there.

15. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I like the Speed Racer one, the look on his face at the end is priceless. very clever, who ever came up with this campiagn

16. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    That's probably the only one I don't like. Just because of the part at the end where Speed Racer is staring in disbelief and all you hear is "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" from the engine.

17. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Are you kidding me??? That is not awesome.