1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best General Purpose Octaver?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 1nterest1ng, Dec 19, 2018.

1. 1nterest1ng

1nterest1ng

Apr 9, 2018
    Australia
    I'm looking for an octaver that will:
    • Not glitch out as a note sustains
    • Be able to octave high notes (unlike my current OC-3)
    • Retain clarity when processing low notes
    Any recommendations?

2. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Your OC3 should be able to octave everything if you adjust the range knob all the way up.

But if you want clear and nonglitchy low notes you'll have to go with something like the POG. The OC3 is digital so it should do solid lows, but the tone doesn't have the clarity of the POG types. That said, the tone out of POGs on the lows isn't *fantastic* most of the time...

3. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    TC Electronic Sub 'N' Up Octave Pedal gets good reviews, I cannot comment since I haven't used it but like I mentioned, it seems to be good. Check on youtube to hear/listen to what it does and this way you'll have an idea on what it can do.

4. 1nterest1ng

1nterest1ng

Apr 9, 2018
    Australia
    From the manual: IMG_0563.jpg

5. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Weird! I never noticed that, but then again I do almost nothing above the 14th fret of the G string!! Who does? =0)

6. 1nterest1ng

1nterest1ng

Apr 9, 2018
    Australia
    Well, I tend to when using an octaver. You can kind of remedy this issue by plugging into the guitar input, but then you lose a whole heap of clarity when playing low notes.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021