Best gig protection

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by NickyBass, Mar 20, 2006.

1. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Southern New Jersey
    Lately I've been concerned about the general well-being of my gear when I'm on a gig. I've seen holes kicked into basses, drinks spilled on amps, bows sat on and a whole lot of other horrors. And these have all been in nice places, done by nice (and sober) people. I've never had something close happen to me, but I'm growing paranoid. So, my original thought was to try out a David Gage or Kolstein trunk, but, for my purposes would that be overkill? I looking for a nice hardshell case that I can use to store my bass before and after each gig. I will continue to put my bass in it's cover after each set, but I'd like something sturdier for when I'm storing my bass offstage. Anyone have any expieriences?
  2. jazzbassnerd

Aug 26, 2002
    I think a flight case would be overkill. But I have seen some hard cases for basses that aren't flight cases. They are marketed, I think, for bass or van tours when you might get worried about the bass. I don't know where I've seen them. I'd check Lemur or Bob. Those are the only bass stores I visit so I imagine one of them will have it.

Hope this helps.