Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best gigs you ever done...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dougray, Apr 19, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    what is the most awesome/best gigs you ever done?
    mine: playing in a "local" classic/hard rock band,getting the chance to open for firehouse(twice) kiss army(tribute band) and funny money(kix) now i know some of you dont know who the hell i am talking about but if you were into 80's mtv and "hair bands" you would,i still play in the same "local" cover band,but the club that had these "national" acts went with hip-hop dj,whats your stories....:D :cool: :D

2. slade

slade

Apr 5, 2001
    I've played a lot of pretty good shows, but I'd have to say the one that sticks out is the first time I played the Catalyst in Santa Cruz, Ca. Growing up there it always seemed huge- after the gig it was like...what's all the fuss- stage sound sucked- sound guy was a jerk- but it was still a first.

3. The greatest gig ive ever played would have to be in front of 10000 screaming people on New Years Eve 1999 at Queenstown, New Zealand with my covers band, affectionately called 'Daves Heinous Tie'.

We had stage divers and I got mobbed by chicks as I was playing [very distracting :)]. I ended up having to literally kick people off the stage, as I was fearing for my equipment:eek:

As soon as we finished playing, aroiund 2am, the crowd rushed the stage and STOLE EVERY MIKE, STAND, GUITAR STAND and even the drummers Zildjan cymbals! [The owner was insured - we got that stuff back].

We got free food and lodgings in a nice hotel.

A great night, very exciting, full of adrenaline.

My highlight? THe HUGE crowd reaction to my add-libbed funky intro to 'Brick House' by the Commodores.

...those were the days..*sigh*

4. Master P

Master P

Mar 26, 2002
    My senior year of high school we played a class fund raiser in the gym. Two shows for 5000 people. It was one of two times I got to act like a rock star. We even had a groupie situation in the dressing room. Everybody that plays music deserves to experience that once.

Stay Hard,
    Master P

5. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    Im gonna have to say a recital that i sat in for about 3 weeks ago. It was bass, guitar, drums and yes..a fender roads. we played tunes out of the real book and went around with solos and trading fourths, thirds, seconds. we had alot of fun. one of the best shows i played. cant wait for next semester. peace
    Chad