Best guitar amp for bass use (Traynor or Fender) ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burn000, Jan 13, 2005.

1. burn000

Dec 22, 2004
    I am basically a guitar player, but I'll start play bass in a band. I don't have a real bass amp, but lot of gtrs amps. I'm wondering which of those 2 would be the best and/or louder: a Traynor Bassmaster 68 (45w) in a standard marshall 4x12 cab (300w?), or a Fender TwinReverb 100w (2x12) combo.

2. well if u already have the amps plug em in and try em and if u are planning on buying one dont get a bass amp.
  3. pike66

Apr 28, 2001
    Long Island NY
    I would dig the Traynor with the Marshall cab. Remember that some great bass players used marshall guitar rigs, particularly Jack bruce, Noel Redding, Billy Cox. A Fender would also be good, like a '65 Deluxe Reverb. The old basic, vintage setups give a great sound, in my opinion. I'm a vintage geek, so maybe I'm biased.
  4. MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Run the Twin into the Marshall.

The Twin is essentially the same amp as the Dual Showman / Bassman 100 or Bassman 135. 4-6L6 power tubes. Sounds great for bass.

The Traynor will sound nice at low volumes.
  5. Elliott

Mar 20, 2000
    Agreed, use the Twin head and the Marshall speakers. Don't mess with open back cabinets for bass. Try the vibrato on the bass for fun.