Best guitarist ever

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, Sep 5, 2010.

1. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Inactive Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Please show him that his philanthropy is an investment by practising relentlessly and doing your best to do what a good bassist should do: make the rest of the band sound even better than they are.

This is a fine example of the "pay it forward" ethos which appears from time to time on TalkBass. :)

2. Bassdirty

Bassdirty

Jul 23, 2010
    CT
    nice... i got the b200...i really dig it.
    Good tone, decent power, I feel foolish for overlooking these for so long.

You got a great freind there.

3. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Say Thank You, and count your blessings

4. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    In about 1969 my guitarist's mom drove us to Giant Music in Falls Church Va. where they bought me a Fender Showman head.
    It was a selfish thing to do as it started my GAS. Actually it improved the sound of the band. I had a no name ungiggable POS. So it was selfish. What a nice thing to do!

5. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Always pay it forward man!

6. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    You have to atleast buy him a 24 pack of beer... maybe a couple. I wish I had a guitarist who would buy me an amp... Oh wait, at the moment I am the guitarist and I bought all my bass gear does that count? ha I played bass first guitar later though.

7. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Without a doubt. to show my undying gratituted I've already written lyrics to another song, and worked pretty much 3 days straight on bass lines for the song that we're in the process of making. (we got a basic direction but have to really tweak it to get it where it needs to be)... I'm also going to by him a case of beer when I get payed again.

8. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    I saw the title and was wondering why there would be a thread about Alex Machacek in the Amps section...

;)

9. DBTOYS

DBTOYS

Sep 22, 2009
    Bend Oregon

Okie Dokie Paul Good thinkin. lolz

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Simple! Charge him a fee every gig that he sings through it! :)

Why is it that a guitar player is expected to buy a guitar and guitar amp, a bass player a bass and bass rig, a drummer his drums but a vocalist thinks that EVERYONE should pay for the PA? Some don't even own a microphone! Why is that. Keyboard players are somewhat the same. They roll up to a gig with a keyboard or two, a couple of stands and expect to plug into the PA! Pah!

OK I'm off the soapbox again!

Paul

11. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    You should replace the word "guitarist" with "human" or maybe even "friend". :)

12. MooseLumps

MooseLumps Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    This is my new philosophy. Thank you. It will be tough for my singer to get used to, but he has no idea how a P.A. operates, so he is at my mercy.

13. If he's Canadian, don't forget the back bacon.:p

14. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Congratulations. That's awesome. Not to outdo ya, but I had a similar experience about 10 years ago.

Was in guitar center with the guitarist of a cover band I was playing with. He was buying a Musicman, and I was in the bass room playin an American P deluxe. He came in the room and asked, "You like that bass?". I said, "It's awesome." He said to the salesperson, "OK. We're taking that too." I argued with him cuz I felt real weird with it. He insisted, I obliged, but later told him I wanted to pay it off, which I did. Looking back on that now I'm not too sure why I did, but it felt right at the time. The bass gave me years of complaining here at talkbass, too. :) It was a horror show with countless issues.

Moral of the story is I guess that guitarists make more money than bassists. But bassists make more than drummers.

15. I LoLed

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021