Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best hardshell case..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jiant., Jan 31, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    When I leave for college next fall, I'm going to be leaving all my gear with one of the guitarists in my band. Most of the time I should be able to go to his house myself to pick up my gear before any shows, but there will most likely be times that this won't be possible. I use a gig bag now, because I'm extremely careful with my bass, I know he'll be careful too, but crap happens. I have a Jay Turser Stingray copy, and I was wondering if the Gator hardshell cases would fit a this style bass, or if there are any other brands that would be better.(Although how much "better" is one case from another?) Thanks and God bless. -Brad

2. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    When I first bought my bass, it came in a gig bag. A year later, I got a random hardshell at a pawn shop for $20 cnd or so. It wasnt in great shape but it works. I have a p-bass so it fit in a standard case.

Just a thought, in case you dont want to spend a lot of money.

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, the pawn shops around my parts are for crap. They have nothing aside from a few really cheap acoustics and a cab from time to time.