1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best hardshell case..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jiant., Jan 31, 2005.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    When I leave for college next fall, I'm going to be leaving all my gear with one of the guitarists in my band. Most of the time I should be able to go to his house myself to pick up my gear before any shows, but there will most likely be times that this won't be possible. I use a gig bag now, because I'm extremely careful with my bass, I know he'll be careful too, but crap happens. I have a Jay Turser Stingray copy, and I was wondering if the Gator hardshell cases would fit a this style bass, or if there are any other brands that would be better.(Although how much "better" is one case from another?) Thanks and God bless. -Brad

2. jade

jade

Mar 8, 2002
    YYC
    When I first bought my bass, it came in a gig bag. A year later, I got a random hardshell at a pawn shop for $20 cnd or so. It wasnt in great shape but it works. I have a p-bass so it fit in a standard case.

Just a thought, in case you dont want to spend a lot of money.

3. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Yeah, the pawn shops around my parts are for crap. They have nothing aside from a few really cheap acoustics and a cab from time to time.