Best hardshell case?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RayO5421, Jan 22, 2009.

1. RayO5421

RayO5421

Jan 15, 2007
    Toms River NJ
    Hello everyone,
    Hope everyone had happy holidays/new years and much rejoicing. I haven't posted on here in a while but then again I haven't been playing all that much. Luckily, this new year is shaping up to be great, I've been playing 1-2 times a week with multiple musicians who are all awesome.

I own a Fender P Bass Deluxe which I absolutely love. I bought it used from my teacher and as of now I believe it to be about 10 years old (if the serial number info I have is correct). The bass is holding up fine, but the case... not so much. Its not exactly the new SKB cases Fender sells. More like "if you step on me you will <insert foul language here> your bass!" The construction in the first place is less than awesome, plus 10 years of wear 'n tear.

So with me not being the most careful person in the world (plus not the most careful band mates in the world), what would be a good hardshell case to invest in that can handle all of the bumps n' bangs? I don't care about weight and in $150 range. Some storage space is smiled upon as my cords always slam around in my rack case.

Thanks for your advice guys,
    Ryan

BTW the bass is about the size of a standard P bass but the body is slightly smaller. I'm pretty sure the 22 fret neck doesn't make the bass any longer than a standard P.

2. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    I use Gator cases, will probaly fit into the top niche of your price range, but damm well worth it. My cases have taken everything ive thrown at it, and then some. And theyll fit just about any 4 or 5 string.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021