Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best head for $

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jeenyus, May 26, 2005.

1. what do you think the best head for the money is? BTW is the Behringer BX3000T anygood? i havent heard the greatest things about behringer, but its at a killer price

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Do a search on Berhinger. No berhinger comments on this thread please :smug: . Anyway, for the price check out the Kustom Groovebass, the Traynor YBA-200, and for a little less the Ashdown Mag series.

3. Washishimi

Washishimi Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2005
    New York
    Carvin B1500 is worth a look. And definately the Kustom as well.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    For how much money? There is not one answer. Several factors contribute to making one amp better than another.

For me, the iAMP500 was the best amp for my money.

-Mike

5. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    If you're looking for a head, do you need a cab too? If so, you might go to www.avatarspeakers.com because Dave will make you a good deal on a head/cab combo. Dave is well regarded on TB.

6. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Take a look at a G-K 700-RBII as well. They can be had at a good price, especially used.

7. I'm just glad I read the posts before I answered the question. Whoever said first impressions are usually correct was wrong.

But to answer your "actual" question, the best head for $ depends on whether you're more fond of $ or more fond of head. The EA combo could be the best head for $ if you spend a lot of $. Or a Peavey combo could be the best head for $ if you don't have a lot of $.

Randy

8. thnx guys, il check them out