1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best Head To Power 2 Ampeg PR-410HLF's???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xiiix, Apr 2, 2006.

1. xiiix

xiiix

Mar 24, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    I just recently got 2 ampeg PR-410hlf cabs and i'm just curious as to what the best head would be to power these beasts? Any ideas? Thanks a ton!

2. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    svt 4 pro! it POUNDS when it is ran in stereo at 4 ohms a side!
    I had 2 svt18's and the 4pro a couple of years ago, and I've never heard a louder setup! however, I'm not sure how loud the tens can get without farting out...

3. The obvious choice would be a SVT-CL or -2 Pro, but what style do you play? What is your tone?

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I would go with the SVT 4 Pro. I used to run (2) SVT410HLF's with mine, and the volume it could put out was unbelievable. Now I just use one cab, as my needs changed over time, but man, when I think back to how much that rig thundered.........:D

5. jpark

jpark

Feb 2, 2006
    WV
    I played through one of your cabs with an Ampeg SVT-CL and had amazing low end, great vintage sound. Couldn't imagine what two would sound like.

6. Rumblee

Rumblee

Jan 18, 2005
    They definitely love wattage. I run my svt 5 pro bridged
    (1000w, i think) into a single pr410hlf and it is loud. With the size of the magnets on those speakers I would shoot for at least 600w per cab.

7. tlwaps

tlwaps

Feb 13, 2006
    Ohio
    i ran my 4pro into a single pr410hlf and all it did was fart if i turned it past 10 o'clock