1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Jimi Hendrix CONCERT DVD?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mcrelly, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    Moderator please move if there's a better place...

I've know about the legend of Jimi Hendrix for years, but have not come to a point of wanting to dig deeper, until now...

I HAD one cd, live at winterland I think, and one DVD "a film about Jimi Hendrix" that included alot of different performance clips. The clips with the orange frilly shirt and the lighting the guitar on fire intrigue me. what show was that??

Anyway I wanted to take some suggestions on concert DVDs that would show his perfromance range and energy of performance. not to be confused with maybe some drug induced musical 'trips' or stupor performance. I'm interested in visceral, musically insightful performances that might boarder on the fantastical.

lately I have become interested in musicians who can seem to get lost in "the music". some examples: Pete townshend (the who), John mayer, Led zeppelin, STevie ray vaughan, david gilmour, etc..

again some suggestions on THE BEST concert dvds of Jimi Hendrix. THANK YOU!

2. bassist15

bassist15

Mar 6, 2006
    Indiana
    The one your reffering to were he lights his guitar on fire and has a frilly shirt is Monterrey Pop . Ive been a huge Hendrix fan for many years. My favorite DVDs are Woodstock , Band of Gypsys , and Hendrix playing Live At The isle of Wight.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021