1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

best lead

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by seb060790, Oct 3, 2005.

1. seb060790

seb060790

Sep 26, 2005
    this is a basic question but who makes the most reliable and clear lead? :meh:

2. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Croatia
    Can you be more specific?
    ...maybe,you mean "solder wire"?

3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I believe he means instrument cable, because on the other side of the pond, that's what they call them, IIRC. I don't know though, as he doesn't have his profile filled out, I don't know where he's from. So, both of you, fill out your location, etc. It'll help.

That said, IMO, a good cable is a good cable. I don't buy anyone's hoo-hah about time correction and better lowend etc. As long as it's a good, high qualitly, low capacitance wire with high quality plugs, it's good enough for me. Those of you that say you can hear a difference beyond that, that's great. I can't. And I believe any difference you DO hear is psychoacoustic. But I could be wrong. Either way, any difference a cable imparts will be lost the minute you start playing with a band, in front of people.

However, I do own a Monster Bass cable. Not because I believe it makes me sounds better, but because I'm hard on my cables, I gig alot, and when/if it breaks (hasn't yet) GC will give me a free one.