best lead

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by seb060790, Oct 3, 2005.

1. seb060790

Sep 26, 2005
    this is a basic question but who makes the most reliable and clear lead? :meh:
  2. Le Basseur

Le Basseur

Mar 26, 2002
    Can you be more specific?
    ...maybe,you mean "solder wire"?
  3. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    I believe he means instrument cable, because on the other side of the pond, that's what they call them, IIRC. I don't know though, as he doesn't have his profile filled out, I don't know where he's from. So, both of you, fill out your location, etc. It'll help.

That said, IMO, a good cable is a good cable. I don't buy anyone's hoo-hah about time correction and better lowend etc. As long as it's a good, high qualitly, low capacitance wire with high quality plugs, it's good enough for me. Those of you that say you can hear a difference beyond that, that's great. I can't. And I believe any difference you DO hear is psychoacoustic. But I could be wrong. Either way, any difference a cable imparts will be lost the minute you start playing with a band, in front of people.

However, I do own a Monster Bass cable. Not because I believe it makes me sounds better, but because I'm hard on my cables, I gig alot, and when/if it breaks (hasn't yet) GC will give me a free one.