Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best Live Show...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CanadianBassGuy, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Alright, which band/performer has the best live show in your opinion? My vote, like most times, goes to the Matthew Good Band. Call my obsessed, I know I am, but who can turn down I live show with big Corona bottles, a playstation and half naked women on stage? Not I. And their music and stage presence is just amazing too.

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Good old vic! And dave mathews band if you can see them close! And several jazz perfomers are awsome to watch!

3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    My vote goes for DMB. They don't have big flashy sets and don't jump around but they are talented, great performers.

There was one tour where Bela Fleck and the Flecktones opened for DMB. Too bad I missed it; it would've been great.

4. BigJH

BigJH

Jan 20, 2001
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    From my experiences Metallica puts on a great show. Explosions, lights, them jumping around. Pantera also is great live. Same thing except they didn't move around to much. Or it could have been that I was moving constantly and that negated their movement onstage ;)

5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I was watching a home video of this band called THEOREM & I gotta say they're the best band I've seen in a LONG TIME!!!! :D

6. Traveler

Traveler

Jun 26, 2001
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, I was browsing through mp3.com and downloaded a couple of theorem songs. I forget why I went to theorem.................I think someone from TB might be in it.

7. Buddy Guy, hands down.
    He does everything, goes out in to the audience, plays guitar with a drumstick, randomly plays covers of his favorite songs, it's awesome.

8. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    The most fun I've had at a concert was Foo Fighters. Dave ran a victory lap with his guitar, while the band still jammed, he sang a song out in the crowd, played different versions of their songs, had just awesome stage presence, and he is one hilarious guy. They really showed up the Chili Peppers...what an awesome night.

9. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
  10. istaticl

istaticl

Nov 29, 2000
    Prescott, AZ
    I think that RATM puts on a bad show. They all really groove to the music and Zach has a great stage presence.

11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    RAMMSTEIN!
    They put on a great show:)
    Although I haven´t seen many bands..
    And I saw Jagúar, the best funk band in the whole wide world shortly after I saw Rammstein and they kicked ass! In a totally different way..

12. what an easy question. 311.

chad's drum solo is legendary, and nowadays the rest of the band comes out halfway through the solo with big congas or something and joins in, it's incredible. p-nut has a huge stage presence, and last time i saw them nick dove off the stage and landed right on top of me. i was giddy as a schoolgirl.

fugazi does come in a close second though. guy picciotto is an insane, insane, talented, insane person. watching him and joe lally is like the punk equivalent of townsend and entwhistle. they're playing for free aug. 13 in dc, anybody else going?

i wasn't that impressed with DMB. they are fine musicians, but other than the lights they didn't have that much going for them. plus i was ticked off because they played the last part of that song "stay" over and over for like 5 minutes.

13. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK
    Coolest *BIG* venue show I saw was Aerosmith at the KC Sandstone ampetheater. Lots of energy for old guys. Shows what a lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse will do for you... hmmm..

Coolest *SMALL* venue show was Indigenous, at the Tulsa Bluesfest. During a thunderstorm with rain blowing sideways and lightening flashing in the background as the most electrifying version of RED HOUSE you have ever heard filled the air. Freaking awesome.

Too bad they played only about three songs before shutting down. Something about being afraid of being on a wet stage full of gear with lightening striking nearby. Panzies! he he... :p

14. B-Note Cowboy

B-Note Cowboy Guest

Jun 13, 2001
    Tulsa, OK
    Nope. Tulsa. I lived in Lawrence for awhile after college though. Cool area, up there. I knew how to get to Sandstone, Kemper and Westport, but that's about it. ;)

15. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
  16. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Rush, the T4E tour was amazing, almost 3 hours,
    and they played a lot of songs I wouldn't have expected. Like all of 2112 from Overture to the Grand Finale and Natural Science.

Bele Fleck and the Flecktones. Vic and Bele usually start the show by walking through the audience while playing. This show is great.

17. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    311 and DMB are VERY good....

but i saw Blues Traveler sunday night...HOLY CRAP. that was one hell of a live show! their new bassist is INCREDIBLE, lots of jamming, it always grooved, popper has awesome stage presence (even if he does weigh under 200 lbs now :eek: ) i think they were better live than the 311 concert and the 2nd DMB concert i went to. (1st DMB was general admission at the dane county coliseum in 96....that was incredible)

flecktones are awesome of course....

as for local, smaller bands:

i hear this "phat phunktion" band puts on a pretty good show... ;)

youngblood brass band facking rocks

left undone is awesome

jason

18. MuDvAyne was an great performance, along with Disturbed, Black Sabbath, and some that i didn't think that would be good that were are: Marylin Manson, his music is ok, but live there is just a vibe that is great, and papa roach, although i don't like the music that much, there live show makes me listen to them a little more.... going to see godsmack on the 18th yeah!! :)

19. Bob Dylan put on the best show I have ever seen! He blew just about every other band Ive seen off the stage! On stage for over two hours and playing a great mix of the classics and new stuff, not only that but his new versions of his classics were awesome! 'Knockin On Heavens Door' was hard rockin, 'All Along The Wathctower' was as good as the Hendrix version, and others like 'Rolling Stone', 'Mr Tambourine Man' and 'Blowin In The Wind' were totally redone and didnt sound dated at all, brilliant! Its good to see that he doesnt rely on just rehashing the same old stuff like so many other artists. Also his new stuff off of 'Time Out Of Mind' is the best stuff he has ever done. Pearl Jam, Chili Peppers and Limp Bizkit also put on great shows. Offspring, quite frankly, sucked.

Im so jealous! I love Blues Traveler!
    Jim