Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best looking/playing bass under $500

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tuBass, Dec 16, 2003.

1. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I have to say this is not only the best looking budget bass I have ever seen, but it's probably my favorite mass produced bass ever. For those who have never seen one, it's the Schecter C5. Black cherry quilted maple top, Cream color binding, Mahogany body, maple/walnut neck, 35" scale, cool inlays, and an EMG EQ. All it needs are some EMG extended series pickups and wider spacing and this thing would be my ideal bass.

Just look at it!

[​IMG]

2. I'm in LOVE! I could almost buy it without listening to it!!! However, red basses seem to have a hex with me. Both of my priors "reds" were stolen. The string spacing on Schecter 5's are my problem too otherwise they are great values.

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    you're in luck, it also comes in a very sweet looking honey color, also with the binding.

4. That is HOT...that looks awesome...i would have defintly had a play of that when i was looking for my bass if it had been in the shops...but oh well

It would be better with one less string though :D

5. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    you're in luck, it comes as a C4 as well, guess how many strings that has? :D

6. Lol...dont mock me.

I just got a new bass so its to bad i cant get that one...im happy with my spector though

7. Beautiful bass indeed! I really, really like the cream binding.

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    No disrespect was intended, I promise you...

9. No its all cool

10. Just gotta ask...is that a new one...like has the C4 series been updated becuase i was looking on an Aussie Site and it looks very different to the one you have in that pic...and im guessing the C4 is the custom 4

11. If it's the Schecter Diamond Series C-4 that you are talking about, check out this months's Bass Player mag. It's one of the basses featured in the '25 under $800' article.

It's my favorite of the bunch (along with the MM SUB) ... I need to go play one NOW ... argggh!

G A S !!

;)

12. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    yes, it's new. Look under c series on the link the MGL68 provided.

13. Thanks for that guys