Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best looking Stingray 5 ever........

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Jun 7, 2003.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    (pic taken from BunnyBass)

[​IMG]

What you guys and gals think???

2. i idg that. i usually don't like 'ray-5s, because of the big pickguard, but that color combo looks nice, pretty classy. thumbs up!

3. Very classy, that thing should come with a tuxedo

4. I remember like 3 years ago, I saw this huge Metal concert and Disturbed played, and their bassist, Fuzz, had one of those... this was like 3 months before I started electric bass.

I have always loved that silver and black combo, it looks so wicked, and yet not as common as black and red.

5. aleyman

aleyman Guest

Nov 1, 2002
    PA
    Thats the same color as my friends Squire Bullet :D

6. I think mine is a nice combo. Black with matching headstock and tort pickguard. This is not the best picture of it, but it does look great in person. Got it from our friends at Bass Central. Tons of punch.

7. Yeah, now he plays one that has "DISTURBED" inlayed on the fretboard. Looks sorta cool... I just wish the sound guy would have turned him up a little more...:(
    But yeah...back on topic. This SR looks sweet, but I prefer the black sparkle finish (whatever it's called) with black pickguard. If it came with ebony fretboard it would be totally perfect!!

8. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

Me gusta! me gusta! :ninja:

9. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice looking bass. That's one of the color combo's I'm looking at and like. The others are Natural wood, and various versions of Blue (Blue Dawn, Pearly Blue..etc)

10. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I dig. I also dig the burnt apple finish, which is my fave, and transparent blue is always nice.

11. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Put a maple board, and a black pearloid, and that would be even better!

12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I saw one like that with matching headstock at a local store, pre-owned in excellent condition. If it wasn't for the fact that I hate the string spacing I would've bought it immediately, 'cuz that pewter silver is sweet!

13. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    :confused:

Greyish colors are fugly...

14. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I guess it looks classy in a sort of understated way, but I don't really like the grey and rosewood combination. Maybe with a really black ebony board...

I prefer any kind of wood grain to solid colors anyway. And tortoise shell... yummy.

"Best looking Stingray 5 ever"? Nah.

15. Thats a very good looking Stingray, but not the best IMO. I prefer burnt apple with tort pickguard, or transparent orange and white pearloid pickguard. Does look classy though

16. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
    I think it looks cheap:( I like the black with the matching headstock better.

17. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I had a Sterling for awhile that was the same color. It had a maple brd, however. I can't remember the color name... something pearl.

18. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    My favorite was my stingray that I sold... Pearl blue w/ matching headstock and black perloid pickguard and maple neck. It was a sweet player.. now she is gone forever... oh well

19. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Best looking? Not! Rather, best photograph of a SR5 ever. But who is really trying to perfect the art?

20. I like the colour scheme, but im honestly more of a 4 stringer maple fretboard kinda guy :)