Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best low end mm copy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BillyBishop, Apr 12, 2002.

1. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Im looking to buy a low end mm copy. What would be the best one? (OLP, Turser etc.) Any little known brands? Thanks.

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    The OLP being licenced should have a higher residual value when you come to trade up to a 'real one'.

3. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Well actually I'm just looking for something to tinker with.

4. Samick has a nice Stingray too..

5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Ernie Ball / MM has a very nice too... :D

All the best,

6. absinthe

absinthe Guest

Jan 20, 2002
    Great Britain
    Vintage.

I've got one of their Stingray copies (model number EST96NA) which sports a gorgeous natural finished solid ash body, 3 band active EQ and all the bells and whistles and sounds frickin' marvellous - especially when it only cost me under 200 quid. Hugely recommened. I've played an OLP and while it's certainly a very good bass for the dosh, it's not a patch on the Vintage, in my humble opinion.

My man's just got himself a 5 string version of the same and is chuffed to bits with it although I have to say the 4 string is more playable and sounds better - but don't tell him I said that. ;)

I have a post up here somewhere about it with pictures. Do a search for a message entitled "Stingrays for the Poor".

Happy hunting!

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico