1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Low Tune Bass Cab (SVT-4 Pro)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by corpophage, Apr 28, 2010.

1. corpophage

corpophage

Mar 29, 2010
    I've been looking for a bass cab for my SVT-4 Pro within about the $600-$800 range. As of now, this will just be a studio amp, but if I ever gig, I don't want to have to buy a new cab- I bought an SVT-4 vs an SVT-3 for this reason.

That being said, I need a cab that can handle lows clearly. I mainly tune to A standard and occasionally use drop G. I realize this is a very low tuning and I want a cab that can handle it. From searching these forums I came up with the following choices:

Acme Low B-4
    Ampeg SVT410HLF
    Vader VC410BK
    Warwick 611 Pro

If anyone has suggestions or personal experience in this, your opinion would be appreciated. Feel free to suggest cabinets that aren't on the list, but please give a reason besides "use this."

Thanks in advance to anyone who read this.

2. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    i use a 4pro with the 410hlf and it definitely shakes. FWIW i only go down to low B but it's got low end to spare.