Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best match with Berg HT322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jacove, Feb 23, 2004.

1. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi,

I'm looking for a second Bergantino cab to go with my Bergantino HT322, I don't know if I should go for the 2x10, 2x12 or 1x15. Something says me that the 2x10 might be best. Then it will be 4x10 and one 12. What do you think?

2. ostrzoskrzydly

ostrzoskrzydly

Jul 1, 2003
    What about one of the NV series cabs, for something different ? The 322 has enough sweet hi-fi for just about anything, and a NV could add a nice touch from the other side.
    I noticed that you're from Denmark - where did you get your Bergantino ? What was the price ? Do they have an online pricelist or something like that ?
    Getting this kind of stuff in Europe is darn difficult and all possible help is needed ;)

3. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    ostrzoskrzydly,

I purchased it from Bass Central, Florida, great service! You can actually save a few bucks buying directly from US because of the low dollar. Do you mean the NV 6x10. I think it would be too big, but man it would be killer. Also, I want something that can work together and be used seperately.

4. ostrzoskrzydly

ostrzoskrzydly

Jul 1, 2003
    Sounds great ! How much was the shipping ? Did you get slapped on some customs/taxes ?
    I meant either the NV6x10 or the new 2x15. They're both significantly higher than the 322, but otherwise comparable in size and weight.

5. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    The shipping was around 200-250$, call them I bet they will make you a great price. I think the 6x10 or 2x15 would be great matches, but sill lokking for something smaller and more portable. The HT322 is a pretty heavy cab, so I need something that will be very portable and complement the HT332.

6. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I wouldnt recommend the NV 610 to go with the 322. They are very different types of cabs and likely wouldnt compliment each other very well if driven by the same amp although Ill admit Ive never tried them together. Im a big HT 210 user and I bet the two together would sound killer!

7. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    I have my 322 paired with a HT 210, and it is simply heaven.

8. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I have an HT322 and would most like to try it with the 2X10 or the Bergie 115. The idea of a 15 seems like it would add more fullness and the 2X10's would add more punch. Just my thinking.

9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The Berg 2x12 is out of production (or did you mean 1x12?)

Anyway, good suggestions here... I agree that either 115 or 210 would be fine. If you go with the 115, try stacking it on top. This is Jim Bergantino's suggestion, passed along courtesy of metron. Jim was referring specifically to an HT115/HT210 stack, but I've run my HT115 over my HT310 and liked the result... overall this stack sounded more like the fifteen, but it also seemed more focused in the lows. At outdoor gigs I'll probably keep the 115 down low for extra girth.

10. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Fuzzbass,

I wasn't aware that the 2x12 was out of production, thanks for letting me know.

11. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

I have the HT-322 and would love to try it with the HT-115... I'd also love to try it with a 2x15, I think this combo would even send Godzilla running home to his momma !!! :bassist:

12. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Another 322 of coarse :bassist: On a side note I did run two 322s, side by side with the nv 610 on top. I turned the horns off on the 322s and had the natural highs come through the 610. Yes this was all over kill, but it looked good on stage and it did sound quite nice.

13. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    This would be my recommendation as well... 200 lbs., but well worth it in the end! :cool: If the weight is an issue, I'd say go for the 210 route... ;)

14. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Inazone & Big Joe,

I'll definetely consider the HT322, thinking about it - this might be the best solution in the long run...Inazone, you told me once that you leave your front casters on, how do place your head/cab then, doesn't it fall off the cab if it's tilted?

15. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    If the head has rubber feet on the bottom it will stay. But I either put the head on the floor or use a ratchet strap (black so you cant see it off stage). Another thing, when useing the 322 get a gramma pad to put it between the cab and the head.

16. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Inazone, thanks for the advice, I allready use a Gramma, but I've never thought of using one between head and cab, must be to prevent the head from shock and whole lotta shakin', right?

17. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Wouldn't the most effective use of the Gramma Pad be between the bottom of the cabinet and those hollow raised stages?

18. That is it's intended purpose, but I originally bought my first Gramma to isolate my amp rig from the thunderous bootay of the HT322. You really don't need it for decoupling with casters on. I've since sold my 322 but use the Gramma pads for seveal purposes... great tool.