1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best mic options for a £200 budget

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mytt88, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Mytt88

Mytt88

Jan 18, 2011
    Any suggestions on a good mic setup for recording a band with 6 inputs on a zoom h6 into reaper.

I aim to get a live demo track with three mics on the drums one, vocal one bass, one guitar. Then possibly record one at a time.

I'm thinking a drum mic kit would be decent choice.

I already have an sure sm58 for vocals. I can D.I. the bass and combine kick mic blend for bass recording. Use the full 6 for drums and I'm thinking the snare mic for guitar? I know sm57 is the go to but If I get one of those it's half my budget Gone.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

can a mod move to the correct sub please apologies

2. If I were you I'd look at the MXL range of mics. They have a couple of mic sets that would suit what you're doing (are often used for drums and instrumentals) which are within your price range. For more info try the Gearslutz forum or the Home Recording forum, both of which are huge sources of knowledge.