Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best model TRB 6-II or RBXJM2?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bjorn, Feb 27, 2005.

1. hello every one..

i want to know with model of TRB 6-II or RBXJM2 as the best sound, design, tech parts and is comfortable to play with and write what you think about it two, and yea write if its bad or advantage to av small fingers :p

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'd go with Gumby. My TRB5P-II might be the best-sounding bass I own. Fantastic tone, excellent playability, and craftsmanship second to none. It's a work of art.

3. I'd also go with the TRB, considering it is a higher end instrument, and the fact that I've tried the JM2, and didn't like it. IMO of course.

Hey Munji, do the piezos add anything to the sound that makes it worth the money? I've tried a lovely fretless Manne Acoustibass 5 with piezos, with a wonderful, almost upright-like sound.

What do they contribute on a fretted? And also, what top wood is that? Ovangkol? It seems a little more reddish than the ovangkol neck on my Wick.

4. what is a higher end instrument really ? :confused:

5. Better build quality, better quality control, richer tone woods etc.

But it's a matter of personal taste, so try both out first!

6. yea i know but thats is kind of a problem to me i must order one or let the store borrow one form the manufacture and that is going to take a while, i have waited a month to test the rbxjm2 and still the store hasent get it from the manufacture :crying: kind of slow and boring to wait

7. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, the piezos add a lot of string noise. You can moderate it by rolling off the treble, while still keeping the aggressive tone of the piezos. The top is ovankol. I like the look a lot. That's why I rescued it off the wall (not at GC, though).