Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best modern retro-vibe bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hummingbird, Dec 8, 2003.

1. hummingbird

hummingbird

Nov 18, 2003
    Apologies if this topic has been covered already, but I'm wondering what you all think is the best vintage-styled bass made by a modern company. Curbow Retro? Warwick Fortress Flashback? Pedulla Rapture? I know all of these have unique sounds and advantages, I'm just looking for thoughts on the mod/retro thing. Thanks!

2. I'm very happy with my Reverend Rumblefish XL.

3. Ditto.

4. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Check your PMs...I have a couple of suggestions and comments. Also, a search would probably turn up dozend of thread on Lull, Lakland, Sadowsky, Benavente Vintage Vortex, and the like.

5. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Fender Precision. ;)

6. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
  7. Sadowsky.

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    i remember awhile there was a small bass maker from england who had some really wild-looking retro-looking basses that had a sort of chrome-plated tube that went around part of the bass. i can't remember the name thoughÂ…somebody wanna help me out? :D

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Really. Drop some EMGs in it, string it with some half-flats or ground wounds, you're as retro-modern Art Deco.